Обсуждение: Terminal Server issues

Terminal Server issues

От
"Magnus Hagander"
Дата:
I've done some more investigation on the issues with running initdb
(well, running the postgres backend actually, which initdb does in a
pipe of course). When I look at the actual error essage, it's "The
specified path is invalid"!

I don't see any reason why this should happen. I've also tried
experimenting with the Local\ and Global\ prefixes of the file mapping
object, but that makes no difference, the problem is still there.

Does anybody have any idea of why CreateFileMapping() would behave
differently on win2k terminal services (per report it works on win2k3 -
I haven't tried that myself, though)?

//Magnus

Re: Terminal Server issues

От
Andreas Pflug
Дата:
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> I've done some more investigation on the issues with running initdb
> (well, running the postgres backend actually, which initdb does in a
> pipe of course). When I look at the actual error essage, it's "The
> specified path is invalid"!
>
> I don't see any reason why this should happen. I've also tried
> experimenting with the Local\ and Global\ prefixes of the file mapping
> object, but that makes no difference, the problem is still there.
>
> Does anybody have any idea of why CreateFileMapping() would behave
> differently on win2k terminal services

I don't, but you could try to use an explicit temp file, instead of
INVALID_FILE_HANDLE. Maybe the page file is accessible only in the
console session.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: Terminal Server issues

От
Mark Kirkwood
Дата:
I have thought a little more about this... using rdesktop from Linux I
was using RDP protocol (as opposed to ICA) to talk to 2003 terminal
server. Now I cannot see how this would *actually* make a difference,
but it would be interesting to see if the someone can try out an RDP
session to a 2000 terminal server.

Unfortunately I am away sick from work and cannot retest with the latest
code on 2003 for you :-(

regards

Mark

Magnus Hagander wrote:

>Does anybody have any idea of why CreateFileMapping() would behave
>differently on win2k terminal services (per report it works on win2k3 -
>I haven't tried that myself, though)?

Re: Terminal Server issues

От
"Dave Page"

Bear in mind also that it's not so much that it won't work with TS
enabled, just that it won't work from /within/ a TS session.

And no, I don't have the foggiest! :-(

Regards Dave.

Re: Terminal Server issues

От
"Magnus Hagander"
Дата:
I have been testing only with RDP sessions to win2000, and that
definitly does not work.

Nope, not that easy :(

//Magnus