Обсуждение: Invalid username specified

Invalid username specified

От
"Paul Kirschner"
Дата:
I'm using WIn2k/sp3 on machine at work connected to windows domain.

At the "Service Configuration" screen it tries to make a userid "postgres".
I get...

"Want the account created for you?" YES
"Random password is..." OK
"Succesffuly grantred right" OK

THEN

MOST of the time I get "Account Error" "Invalid username specified: Logon
failure: unknown user name or bad password."

SOMETIMES it correctly and proceeds to "initialize database cluster"

When I get Invalid username I tried deleting the "postgres" user, rebooting,
waiting for the twenty minute timeout windows authentication always seems to
take. But nothing definatively works. I'll try a bunch of times and it will
work sooner or later.

I have found that by disconnecting the laptop from the network - it will
install every time.

This has happened through the RC series as far as I can remember. I've found
no other references in the mailing lists.

What is going on? Am I the only one?

TIA...

Re: Invalid username specified

От
"Magnus Hagander"
Дата:
>I'm using WIn2k/sp3 on machine at work connected to windows domain.
>
>At the "Service Configuration" screen it tries to make a
>userid "postgres".
>I get...
>
>"Want the account created for you?" YES
>"Random password is..." OK
>"Succesffuly grantred right" OK
>
>THEN
>
>MOST of the time I get "Account Error" "Invalid username
>specified: Logon
>failure: unknown user name or bad password."
>
>SOMETIMES it correctly and proceeds to "initialize database cluster"
>
>When I get Invalid username I tried deleting the "postgres"
>user, rebooting,
>waiting for the twenty minute timeout windows authentication
>always seems to
>take. But nothing definatively works. I'll try a bunch of
>times and it will
>work sooner or later.
>
>I have found that by disconnecting the laptop from the network
>- it will
>install every time.
>
>This has happened through the RC series as far as I can
>remember. I've found
>no other references in the mailing lists.
>
>What is going on? Am I the only one?

Are you using a domain account or a local account? It's recommended that
you use a local account even on a domain attached computer.

But as this is not alwas possible or wanted. If you are using a domain
account, wait for Active Directory to replicate *after* the account has
been created but *before* you proceed to the final step of the
installation. If you have the permissions required, you can use "AD
Sites & Services" to force a replication.

//Magnus

Re: Invalid username specified

От
"Paul Kirschner"
Дата:
My login is an NT domain account. I thought the postgres account was
established as local. I changed nothing on the service configuration screen
so I didn't knowinly make it a domain account.

I have local admin rights and can delete the local postgres user but have NO
admin rights at the domain level.

I have also tried to use postgres2 (and other numbers for unused names) as
the service account and had the same problem.

Why would a local account have towait for domain replication?

thanks...

> >I'm using WIn2k/sp3 on machine at work connected to windows domain.
> >
> >At the "Service Configuration" screen it tries to make a
> >userid "postgres".
> >
> >MOST of the time I get "Account Error" "Invalid username
> >specified: Logon
> >failure: unknown user name or bad password."
> >
> >SOMETIMES it correctly and proceeds to "initialize database cluster"

>Are you using a domain account or a local account? It's recommended that
>you use a local account even on a domain attached computer.
>
>But as this is not alwas possible or wanted. If you are using a domain
>account, wait for Active Directory to replicate *after* the account has
>been created but *before* you proceed to the final step of the
>installation. If you have the permissions required, you can use "AD
>Sites & Services" to force a replication.
>
>//Magnus

Re: Invalid username specified

От
"Magnus Hagander"
Дата:
>My login is an NT domain account. I thought the postgres account was
>established as local. I changed nothing on the service
>configuration screen
>so I didn't knowinly make it a domain account.

Then it's a local account. That's default on everything except Domain
Controllers (which don't have local accounts)

>I have local admin rights and can delete the local postgres
>user but have NO admin rights at the domain level.

That just confirms it.

>I have also tried to use postgres2 (and other numbers for
>unused names) as
>the service account and had the same problem.
>
>Why would a local account have towait for domain replication?

That's a very good question :-) In theory anything account-related is
affected by Group Policy settings, but I have no idea which one would be
affecting this one. But everything points to something domain related.

//Magnus