Обсуждение: Problem with Package for pgq3 missing pgq_node

Problem with Package for pgq3 missing pgq_node

От
Jeremy Finzel
Дата:
This recent package appears to be broken for pgq3!

There is no pgq_node.control file (postgresql-9.6-pgq3), meaning the package won't update properly.  Since this is only a package version change this seems like a mistake.

Please advise!

Thanks,
Jeremy

Re: Problem with Package for pgq3 missing pgq_node

От
Christoph Berg
Re: Jeremy Finzel 2017-12-21 <CAMa1XUiwGtTNi_5zZ-JMsAWByPRk0LxjFa52VmrkpUHxvnh=Ew@mail.gmail.com>
> This recent package appears to be broken for pgq3!
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/E1eR2Lv-0003h7-FC@atalia.postgresql.org
>
> There is no pgq_node.control file (postgresql-9.6-pgq3), meaning the
> package won't update properly.  Since this is only a package version change
> this seems like a mistake.

Hi Jeremy,

sorry for the late reply.

skytools3 was split into a plethora of separate packages, and we
haven't yet packaged all of them (but we needed to jump ahead because
skytools3 didn't support PostgreSQL 10).

I've packaged pgq-node now, please let us know if there's still
problems.

Thanks for spotting,
Christoph

Re: Problem with Package for pgq3 missing pgq_node

От
Jeremy Finzel
Дата:
skytools3 was split into a plethora of separate packages, and we
haven't yet packaged all of them (but we needed to jump ahead because
skytools3 didn't support PostgreSQL 10).

I've packaged pgq-node now, please let us know if there's still
problems.

Thanks for the reply.  We still are missing some things to make us able to actually run Skytools replication with the new packaging, namely londiste.  The new packages do not fully replicate the functionality of the legacy skytools packaging, and we are forced to pin to older versions at present for this reason.

If there is anything we could do to help with this process, please let us know.

Thank you,

Re: Jeremy Finzel 2018-01-22 <CAMa1XUirA6bwV+Q-hwE5mGDU2dUNFjS=s1Pqinb6NNo4ZYjhmw@mail.gmail.com>
> Thanks for the reply.  We still are missing some things to make us able to
> actually run Skytools replication with the new packaging, namely londiste.
> The new packages do not fully replicate the functionality of the legacy
> skytools packaging, and we are forced to pin to older versions at present
> for this reason.
>
> If there is anything we could do to help with this process, please let us
> know.

Hi Jeremy,

I'll see if I can package londiste over the next days. Sorry for the
trouble...

Christoph

Re: To Jeremy Finzel 2018-01-27 <20180127203121.GA29140@msg.df7cb.de>
> Re: Jeremy Finzel 2018-01-22 <CAMa1XUirA6bwV+Q-hwE5mGDU2dUNFjS=s1Pqinb6NNo4ZYjhmw@mail.gmail.com>
> I'll see if I can package londiste over the next days. Sorry for the
> trouble...

Hi Jeremy,

I just finished packaging londiste (python3-londiste). It's basically
untested except for some basic "does it load" test because I'm not
using it, so feedback would be very welcome.

Christoph

On Fri, Feb 9, 2018 at 1:22 PM Christoph Berg <myon@debian.org> wrote:
Re: To Jeremy Finzel 2018-01-27 <20180127203121.GA29140@msg.df7cb.de>
> Re: Jeremy Finzel 2018-01-22 <CAMa1XUirA6bwV+Q-hwE5mGDU2dUNFjS=s1Pqinb6NNo4ZYjhmw@mail.gmail.com>
> I'll see if I can package londiste over the next days. Sorry for the
> trouble...

Hi Jeremy,

I just finished packaging londiste (python3-londiste). It's basically
untested except for some basic "does it load" test because I'm not
using it, so feedback would be very welcome.

Christoph

We will check it out! Thank you!

Jeremy