Обсуждение: Database connection log

Database connection log

От
Tiffany Thang
Дата:
Hi,
Does PostgreSQL keep a log of client connections to the database like Oracle's listener.log? I would like to extract information such as how many connections are made to the database daily, the IP addresses they originated from and the schemas they are connected to. Would it be possible to extract the above information in PostgreSQL?

Thanks.

Re: Database connection log

От
Christoph Moench-Tegeder
Дата:
## Tiffany Thang (tiffanythang@gmail.com):

> Does PostgreSQL keep a log of client connections to the database like
> Oracle's listener.log? I would like to extract information such as how many
> connections are made to the database daily, the IP addresses they
> originated from and the schemas they are connected to. Would it be possible
> to extract the above information in PostgreSQL?

Set "log_connections" to "on":
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/runtime-config-logging.html#RUNTIME-CONFIG-LOGGING-WHAT

Regards,
Christoph

--
Spare Space

Re: Database connection log

От
Pierre Timmermans
Дата:
I believe that you can achieve what you want with the following configuration parameters: log_connections and log_line_prefix

Regards, Pierre