Обсуждение: Schema/Data conversion opensource tools from MySQL to PostgreSQL

Schema/Data conversion opensource tools from MySQL to PostgreSQL

От
chiru r
Дата:
Hi All,

Please suggest Schema/Data conversion opensource tools from MySQL to PostgreSQL.

Thanks,
Chiranjeevi

Re: Schema/Data conversion opensource tools from MySQL to PostgreSQL

От
Pavan Teja
Дата:
Hi Chiru,

You can use MySQL foreign data wrapper to achieve this.

Regards,
Pavan

On Mon, Jun 25, 2018, 10:18 PM chiru r <chirupg@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All,

Please suggest Schema/Data conversion opensource tools from MySQL to PostgreSQL.

Thanks,
Chiranjeevi

Re: Schema/Data conversion opensource tools from MySQL to PostgreSQL

От
James Keener
Дата:
Can you explain what you're looking for? Beyond manually editing the schema dump to import correctly into postgres and the loading in INSERT dumps or MySQL file (TSV?) dumps, what are you looking for? Do you have any odd/incompatible data types?

Jim

On Mon, Jun 25, 2018 at 11:47 AM, chiru r <chirupg@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All,

Please suggest Schema/Data conversion opensource tools from MySQL to PostgreSQL.

Thanks,
Chiranjeevi

Re: [External] Re: Schema/Data conversion opensource tools from MySQLto PostgreSQL

От
Vijaykumar Jain

I have not tested this, but have read about this in somewhere.

https://github.com/the4thdoctor/pg_chameleon

if it helps

  good

else

  ignore

Thanks,

Vijay

From: Pavan Teja <pavan.postgresdba@gmail.com>
Date: Monday, June 25, 2018 at 10:25 PM
To: chiru r <chirupg@gmail.com>
Subject: [External] Re: Schema/Data conversion opensource tools from MySQL to PostgreSQL

Hi Chiru,

You can use MySQL foreign data wrapper to achieve this.

Regards,

Pavan

On Mon, Jun 25, 2018, 10:18 PM chiru r <chirupg@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi All,

Please suggest Schema/Data conversion opensource tools from MySQL to PostgreSQL.

Thanks,

Chiranjeevi

Re: Schema/Data conversion opensource tools from MySQL to PostgreSQL

От
Thomas Kellerer
Дата:

ora2pg also supports MySQL: https://github.com/darold/ora2pg

Re: Schema/Data conversion opensource tools from MySQL to PostgreSQL

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 06/25/2018 09:47 AM, chiru r wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> Please suggest Schema/Data conversion opensource tools from MySQL to
> PostgreSQL.

To add to the list:

pgloader:

http://pgloader.readthedocs.io/en/latest/tutorial/tutorial.html#migrating-from-mysql-to-postgresql

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Re: Schema/Data conversion opensource tools from MySQL to PostgreSQL

От
chiru r
Дата:
Thank you All.

On Mon, Jun 25, 2018 at 3:40 PM, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 06/25/2018 09:47 AM, chiru r wrote:
Hi All,

Please suggest Schema/Data conversion opensource tools from MySQL to PostgreSQL.

To add to the list:

pgloader:

http://pgloader.readthedocs.io/en/latest/tutorial/tutorial.html#migrating-from-mysql-to-postgresql

Thanks,
Chiranjeevi

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Re: Schema/Data conversion opensource tools from MySQL to PostgreSQL

От
"Arnaud L."
Дата:
Le 25-06-18 à 18:47, chiru r a écrit :
> Please suggest Schema/Data conversion opensource tools from MySQL to
> PostgreSQL.

Hi.
I used this php script which did a pretty good job :
https://github.com/AnatolyUss/FromMySqlToPostgreSql

--
Regards

Re: Schema/Data conversion opensource tools from MySQL to PostgreSQL

От
Thomas Poty
Дата:
Hi Chiranjeevi,

I know my answer doesn't answer your request but we have just converted a database from mysql to postgresql with about 1000 tables.
We had to convert some functions present in mysql but not in postgresql
Also we had to convert queries.
I converted all of that manually, table by table, column by column,etc

We developped a program that compare structure , a program that migrate data and a program that compare data.
Also we had to convert queries.

All of that to say I don't think you can convert only by running a tool like that.

I also think it is a bit difficult to suggest a tool without knowing exactly what is needed.

Regards
Thomas

Le mar. 26 juin 2018 à 08:25, Arnaud L. <arnaud.listes@codata.eu> a écrit :
Le 25-06-18 à 18:47, chiru r a écrit :
> Please suggest Schema/Data conversion opensource tools from MySQL to
> PostgreSQL.

Hi.
I used this php script which did a pretty good job :
https://github.com/AnatolyUss/FromMySqlToPostgreSql

--
Regards

Re: Schema/Data conversion opensource tools from MySQL to PostgreSQL

От
chiru r
Дата:
Thank you for your inputs...

I am looking for tool to reduce the manualy effort in Migration. I undestand manual efforts needed to migare 100%  to PostgreSQL.