Обсуждение: RETURN NULL in the sample of insert trigger on partitioned table

RETURN NULL in the sample of insert trigger on partitioned table

От
PG Doc comments form
Дата:

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/ddl-partitioning.html

Why in provided samples of "insert" triggers on partitioned table at the end
of the triggers you provide "return NULL" not "return NEW"?

This causes, among other things, problems with the GET DIAGNOSTICS clause
var = ROW_COUNT clause.

Re: RETURN NULL in the sample of insert trigger on partitioned table

От
Bruce Momjian
Дата:
On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 09:34:59AM +0000, PG Doc comments form wrote:

> Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/ddl-partitioning.html
>
> Why in provided samples of "insert" triggers on partitioned table at the end
> of the triggers you provide "return NULL" not "return NEW"?
>
> This causes, among other things, problems with the GET DIAGNOSTICS clause
> var = ROW_COUNT clause.

Uh, you mean measurement_insert_trigger?  Returning NEW would cause the
row to be inserted into the referenced table.