Обсуждение: PostgreSQL System Views or Dictionary Tables

PostgreSQL System Views or Dictionary Tables

От
Diego Grampin
Дата:
Hello,

I'm new at PostgreSQL, but known Oracle since ten years ago.

In PostgreSQL, where can i found system views or dictionary tables (v$*, dba_* at oracle) or structural dba tables ?. And comand prompt parameters of the database (show param X at Oracle) ?
The porpose of this is to familiarized with the structure of Postgresql databases.

My test environment: Windows physical server machine intel x86-64 architecture with PostgreSQL Database version 10.5 and pgAdmin 4 version 3.2 .

Thanks so much for your help.
Regards,
Diego.

Re: PostgreSQL System Views or Dictionary Tables

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/catalogs.html

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/information-schema.html

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/sql-show.html

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Re: PostgreSQL System Views or Dictionary Tables

От
"David G. Johnston"
Дата:
On Thu, Aug 16, 2018 at 2:06 PM, Diego Grampin <dgrampin@tilsor.com.uy> wrote:
Hello,

I'm new at PostgreSQL, but known Oracle since ten years ago.

In PostgreSQL, where can i found system views or dictionary tables (v$*, dba_* at oracle) or structural dba tables ?. And comand prompt parameters of the database (show param X at Oracle) ?
The porpose of this is to familiarized with the structure of Postgresql databases.

My test environment: Windows physical server machine intel x86-64 architecture with PostgreSQL Database version 10.5 and pgAdmin 4 version 3.2 .

Section VII is internals - the "structural dba tables" are termed "System Catalogs" in PostgreSQL.

David J.