Обсуждение: vPgSql

vPgSql

От
Vlad Alexeenkov
Дата:

Дата:
пт, 17 авг. 2018 г. в 15:31, Vlad Alexeenkov <vladabc@yandex.ru>:

De: Vlad Alexeenkov <vladabc@yandex.ru>
Enviado: sexta-feira, 17 de agosto de 2018 10:30
Para: pgsql-general@lists.postgresql.org
Assunto: vPgSql

Very simple Postgres SQL client vPgSql:

https://vsdev.ru

Best regards,
Vlad Alexeenkov

Re: vPgSql

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
On 08/17/2018 05:45 AM, Dmitry Igrishin wrote:
> Hey Vlad
> пт, 17 авг. 2018 г. в 15:31, Vlad Alexeenkov <vladabc@yandex.ru>:
>> Maybe will be useful for someone
>>
>> Very simple Postgres SQL client vPgSql:
>>
>> https://vsdev.ru
> Looking nice! Thank you. But I unable to start it on Ubuntu, because
> there is no bash(1) in /usr/bin.

Bash is in /bin not /usr/bin. You should be able to edit the first line
of the start file to fix that.

JD

> Also, it is open source?

***  A fault and talent of mine is to tell it exactly how it is.  ***
PostgreSQL centered full stack support, consulting and development.
Advocate: @amplifypostgres || Learn: https://postgresconf.org
*****     Unless otherwise stated, opinions are my own.   *****

Re: vPgSql

От
Dmitry Igrishin
Дата:
пт, 17 авг. 2018 г. в 21:19, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com>:

> On 08/17/2018 05:45 AM, Dmitry Igrishin wrote:
> > Hey Vlad
> > пт, 17 авг. 2018 г. в 15:31, Vlad Alexeenkov <vladabc@yandex.ru>:
> >> Maybe will be useful for someone
> >>
> >> Very simple Postgres SQL client vPgSql:
> >>
> >> https://vsdev.ru
> > Looking nice! Thank you. But I unable to start it on Ubuntu, because
> > there is no bash(1) in /usr/bin.
>
> Bash is in /bin not /usr/bin. You should be able to edit the first line
> of the start file to fix that.
I know that, thanks :-) I just pointed out the issue to the OP.

Re: vPgSql

От
Vlad ABC
Дата:
On Fri, 2018-08-17 at 15:45 +0300, Dmitry Igrishin wrote:

> Looking nice! Thank you. But I unable to start it on Ubuntu, because
> there is no bash(1) in /usr/bin.

Thank you, i'll fix it.

> Also, it is open source?

No, it is freeware

Re: vPgSql

От
Tim Cross
Дата:
Vlad ABC <vladabc@yandex.ru> writes:

> On Fri, 2018-08-17 at 15:45 +0300, Dmitry Igrishin wrote:
>>
>> Looking nice! Thank you. But I unable to start it on Ubuntu, because
>> there is no bash(1) in /usr/bin.
>
> Thank you, i'll fix it.

I think pretty much all *nix systems put core shells like sh, bash, zsh
etc in /bin (as it is guaranteed to be available immediately at boot, while /usr is
not - it could be a separate partition which isn't available until later
in the boot process).

A way to avoid platform differences is to use /usr/bin/env e.g.

#!/usr/bin/env bash

.
>> Also, it is open source?
>
> No, it is freeware

oh well, too bad.

--
Tim Cross

Re: vPgSql

От
Dmitri Maziuk
Дата:
On Sat, 18 Aug 2018 10:52:59 +1000
Tim Cross <theophilusx@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think pretty much all *nix systems put core shells like sh, bash, zsh
> etc in /bin (as it is guaranteed to be available immediately at boot, while /usr is
> not - it could be a separate partition which isn't available until later
> in the boot process).

They do but at least solaris circa v.9 and now redhat have replaced /bin with a symlink to /usr/bin. Whether you get
/bin/shor /usr/bin/sh out of `which` depends purely on their order in your $PATH.

> A way to avoid platform differences is to use /usr/bin/env e.g.
>
> #!/usr/bin/env bash

Except now you can't pass arguments to your bash.

You can't win. Although in the case of shell scripts you can get rid of all bash'isms and call '/bin/sh'
--
Dmitri Maziuk <dmaziuk@bmrb.wisc.edu>