Обсуждение: Re: [External] Multiple COPY on the same table

Re: [External] Multiple COPY on the same table

От
Ravi Krishna

> What is the goal you are trying to achieve here.
> To make pgdump/restore faster?
> To make replication faster?
> To make backup faster ?

None of the above.

 We got csv files from external vendor which are 880GB in total size, in 44 files.  Some of the large tables had COPY running for several hours. I was just thinking of a faster way to load.

Re: [External] Multiple COPY on the same table

От
Christopher Browne
Дата:
On Mon, 20 Aug 2018 at 12:53, Ravi Krishna <sravikrishna@aol.com> wrote:

> > What is the goal you are trying to achieve here.
> > To make pgdump/restore faster?
> > To make replication faster?
> > To make backup faster ?
>
> None of the above.
>
>  We got csv files from external vendor which are 880GB in total size, in 44 files.  Some of the large tables had COPY
runningfor several hours. I was just thinking of a faster way to load.

Seems like #4...

#4 - To Make Recovery faster

Using COPY pretty much *is* the "faster way to load"...

The main thing you should consider doing to make it faster is to drop
indexes and foreign keys from the tables, and recreate them
afterwards.

Re: [External] Multiple COPY on the same table

От
Vijaykumar Jain
Дата:
I guess this should help you, Ravi.