Обсуждение: notice processors for isolationtester

notice processors for isolationtester

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Recently while testing a patch I found it immensely useful to
distinguish which session each WARNING message came from, when bespoke
tests were run under isolationtester.  Current code does not show that,
so I developed this patch adding notice processors, and then it does.

Re: notice processors for isolationtester

От
Andres Freund
Дата:
On 2018-10-24 18:34:51 -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Recently while testing a patch I found it immensely useful to
> distinguish which session each WARNING message came from, when bespoke
> tests were run under isolationtester.  Current code does not show that,
> so I developed this patch adding notice processors, and then it does.

Neat!

Re: notice processors for isolationtester

От
Haribabu Kommi

On Thu, Oct 25, 2018 at 8:35 AM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
Recently while testing a patch I found it immensely useful to
distinguish which session each WARNING message came from, when bespoke
tests were run under isolationtester.  Current code does not show that,
so I developed this patch adding notice processors, and then it does.

I reviewed and tested the patch. It is working as expected.
Providing session name helps in debugging.

Marking the patch as ready for committer.

Regards,
Haribabu Kommi
Fujitsu Australia

Re: notice processors for isolationtester

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
On 2018-Nov-09, Haribabu Kommi wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 25, 2018 at 8:35 AM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Recently while testing a patch I found it immensely useful to
> > distinguish which session each WARNING message came from, when bespoke
> > tests were run under isolationtester.  Current code does not show that,
> > so I developed this patch adding notice processors, and then it does.
>
> I reviewed and tested the patch. It is working as expected.
> Providing session name helps in debugging.
>
> Marking the patch as ready for committer.

Thanks!  Pushed.