Обсуждение: pgconf eu 2018 slides entry missing fromhttps://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_Related_Slides_and_Presentations

Hello,

The pgconf eu 2018 entry is missing from
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_Related_Slides_and_Presentations
.

I am afraid the more time passes since the event the harder to get
people post their slides there, so pls update this ASAP.

Hello Achilleas

[>] I made an entry in the wiki:

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_Conference_Europe_Talks_2018

As mentioned there, the slides are linked, as long as they have been delivered by the speakers, in the talk
descriptionsin the schedule.

Bye
Charles

On 19/11/18 8:48 π.μ., Charles Clavadetscher wrote:
> Hello Achilleas

Thank you! Lets hope the list fills up!

--
Achilleas Mantzios
IT DEV Lead

Greetings,

* Charles Clavadetscher (clavadetscher@swisspug.org) wrote:
> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_Conference_Europe_Talks_2018
>
> As mentioned there, the slides are linked, as long as they have been delivered by the speakers, in the talk
descriptionsin the schedule.

I'm not sure what the point of duplicating that information on to the
wiki is..?

Seems like what we should do here is add a feature to the conference
system where a particular URL will produce a list of talks with links
to slides, if uploaded.  That shouldn't be hard to do if someone is
interested and knows a little python/django- the code is here:

https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgeu-website.git;a=summary

Patches very much accepted. :)

Thanks!

Stephen

Вложения
On Mon, Nov 19, 2018 at 2:27 PM Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
Greetings,

* Charles Clavadetscher (clavadetscher@swisspug.org) wrote:
> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_Conference_Europe_Talks_2018
>
> As mentioned there, the slides are linked, as long as they have been delivered by the speakers, in the talk descriptions in the schedule.

I'm not sure what the point of duplicating that information on to the
wiki is..?

Seems like what we should do here is add a feature to the conference
system where a particular URL will produce a list of talks with links
to slides, if uploaded.  That shouldn't be hard to do if someone is
interested and knows a little python/django- the code is here:

It can already be done on the session list, if one just uses the template functioinality that's there. Rumor has it Daniel has a hidden branch somewhere... :)

--
On Mon, Nov 19, 2018 at 2:38 PM Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
On Mon, Nov 19, 2018 at 2:27 PM Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
Greetings,

* Charles Clavadetscher (clavadetscher@swisspug.org) wrote:
> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_Conference_Europe_Talks_2018
>
> As mentioned there, the slides are linked, as long as they have been delivered by the speakers, in the talk descriptions in the schedule.

I'm not sure what the point of duplicating that information on to the
wiki is..?

Seems like what we should do here is add a feature to the conference
system where a particular URL will produce a list of talks with links
to slides, if uploaded.  That shouldn't be hard to do if someone is
interested and knows a little python/django- the code is here:

It can already be done on the session list, if one just uses the template functioinality that's there. Rumor has it Daniel has a hidden branch somewhere... :)

This has now been pushed, so both the schedule and the session list on pgconf.eu will now indicate which sessions have slides uploaded.

--
On 19/11/18 3:27 μ.μ., Stephen Frost wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> * Charles Clavadetscher (clavadetscher@swisspug.org) wrote:
>> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_Conference_Europe_Talks_2018
>>
>> As mentioned there, the slides are linked, as long as they have been delivered by the speakers, in the talk
descriptionsin the schedule.

> I'm not sure what the point of duplicating that information on to the
> wiki is..?

It is nice to have a single source to all slides from all conferences, so at least a link to the conference page should
bethere on the wiki.

--
Achilleas Mantzios
IT DEV Lead

[>] It is since this morning.

> > Seems like what we should do here is add a feature to the conference
> > system where a particular URL will produce a list of talks with links
> > to slides, if uploaded.  That shouldn't be hard to do if someone is
> > interested and knows a little python/django- the code is here:
> >
> > https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgeu-website.git;a=summary
> >
> > Patches very much accepted. :)
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Stephen
>

> --
> Achilleas Mantzios
> IT DEV Lead
> IT DEPT
> Dynacom Tankers Mgmt

Greetings,

* Magnus Hagander (magnus@hagander.net) wrote:
> This has now been pushed, so both the schedule and the session list on
> pgconf.eu will now indicate which sessions have slides uploaded.

That's better, but couldn't we make that an actual link..?

Thanks!

Stephen

Вложения
Greetings,

* Achilleas Mantzios (achill@matrix.gatewaynet.com) wrote:
> On 19/11/18 3:27 μ.μ., Stephen Frost wrote:
> >* Charles Clavadetscher (clavadetscher@swisspug.org) wrote:
> >>https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_Conference_Europe_Talks_2018
> >>
> >>As mentioned there, the slides are linked, as long as they have been delivered by the speakers, in the talk
descriptionsin the schedule.
> >I'm not sure what the point of duplicating that information on to the
> >wiki is..?
>
> It is nice to have a single source to all slides from all conferences, so at least a link to the conference page
shouldbe there on the wiki.

Having it for *all* conferences would be yet another, different,
thing...  We could do that for each of the systems (PgEU, PgUS, PgDU,
PGConfAPAC) potentially, but then we might also want to include links to
things like the videos from those conferences which record and post to
youtube, like: https://www.youtube.com/user/postgresopen

I do think Magnus has some thoughts about providing a way to search each
system for talks that might be interesting to a particular user and we
might even be able to provide a federated search through .Org
eventually..

Not sure if the wiki is the best place for that, but we could at least
start there, I suppose, if someone wants to pull that together.

Thanks!

Stephen

Вложения

On Mon, Nov 19, 2018 at 4:01 PM Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
Greetings,

* Magnus Hagander (magnus@hagander.net) wrote:
> This has now been pushed, so both the schedule and the session list on
> pgconf.eu will now indicate which sessions have slides uploaded.

That's better, but couldn't we make that an actual link..?

That could potentially look quite crap for a session that has a large set of files and/or links.

--
On Mon, Nov 19, 2018 at 4:35 PM Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
Greetings,

* Achilleas Mantzios (achill@matrix.gatewaynet.com) wrote:
> On 19/11/18 3:27 μ.μ., Stephen Frost wrote:
> >* Charles Clavadetscher (clavadetscher@swisspug.org) wrote:
> >>https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_Conference_Europe_Talks_2018
> >>
> >>As mentioned there, the slides are linked, as long as they have been delivered by the speakers, in the talk descriptions in the schedule.
> >I'm not sure what the point of duplicating that information on to the
> >wiki is..?
>
> It is nice to have a single source to all slides from all conferences, so at least a link to the conference page should be there on the wiki.

Having it for *all* conferences would be yet another, different,
thing...  We could do that for each of the systems (PgEU, PgUS, PgDU,
PGConfAPAC) potentially, but then we might also want to include links to
things like the videos from those conferences which record and post to
youtube, like: https://www.youtube.com/user/postgresopen

I do think Magnus has some thoughts about providing a way to search each
system for talks that might be interesting to a particular user and we
might even be able to provide a federated search through .Org
eventually..

Not sure if the wiki is the best place for that, but we could at least
start there, I suppose, if someone wants to pull that together.

Yes, I do have some sort of long term idea for how to do that. I haven't figured out the details yet though, but that's where I'd like to end up eventually.

--
Greetings,

* Magnus Hagander (magnus@hagander.net) wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 19, 2018 at 4:01 PM Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> > * Magnus Hagander (magnus@hagander.net) wrote:
> > > This has now been pushed, so both the schedule and the session list on
> > > pgconf.eu will now indicate which sessions have slides uploaded.
> >
> > That's better, but couldn't we make that an actual link..?
>
> That could potentially look quite crap for a session that has a large set
> of files and/or links.

That's a relatively rare case, isn't it..?

Thanks!

Stephen

Вложения
On Mon, Nov 19, 2018 at 9:04 PM Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
Greetings,

* Magnus Hagander (magnus@hagander.net) wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 19, 2018 at 4:01 PM Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> > * Magnus Hagander (magnus@hagander.net) wrote:
> > > This has now been pushed, so both the schedule and the session list on
> > > pgconf.eu will now indicate which sessions have slides uploaded.
> >
> > That's better, but couldn't we make that an actual link..?
>
> That could potentially look quite crap for a session that has a large set
> of files and/or links.

That's a relatively rare case, isn't it..?

It's not super common, no, but I'd still rather not break the layout from it...

--
Greetings,

* Magnus Hagander (magnus@hagander.net) wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 19, 2018 at 9:04 PM Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> > * Magnus Hagander (magnus@hagander.net) wrote:
> > on

> > > That could potentially look quite crap for a session that has a large set
> > > of files and/or links.
> >
> > That's a relatively rare case, isn't it..?
>
> It's not super common, no, but I'd still rather not break the layout from
> it...

I had been thinking more along the lines of having a link for one item
and then an icon which links to the page itself when there's more than
one, or similar.

Thanks!

Stephen

Вложения