Обсуждение:

Adelino Silva
Дата:
Hi,

A system monitoring tool like "nc -vz localhost 5432" to monitor the database server is causing the warning, any way way to filter or ignore messages in postgresql log file

LOG:  incomplete startup packet

Many thanks in advance,
Adelino.

Re: your mail

От
Stephen Frost
Дата:
Greetings,

* Adelino Silva (adelino.j.silva@googlemail.com) wrote:
> A system monitoring tool like "nc -vz localhost 5432" to monitor the
> database server is causing the warning, any way way to filter or ignore
> messages in postgresql log file
>
> LOG:  incomplete startup packet

Not today.  You'd be *much* better off with a monitor that actually logs
in and does something like 'SELECT 1;' or similar though.

Testing that you can connect to the TCP port is actually pretty useless
as far as checking to see if the service is functioning properly.

Thanks!

Stephen

Вложения

Re:

От
bricklen

On Mon, Nov 19, 2018 at 6:54 AM Adelino Silva <adelino.j.silva@googlemail.com> wrote:
A system monitoring tool like "nc -vz localhost 5432" to monitor the database server is causing the warning, any way way to filter or ignore messages in postgresql log file
LOG:  incomplete startup packet

No way to suppress that message that I'm aware of, but you might find the pg_isready tool handy for checking the status of the Postgres server.