Обсуждение: GRANT SELECT ON ALL TABLES IN SCHEMA... doesn't apply to new tables?

GRANT SELECT ON ALL TABLES IN SCHEMA... doesn't apply to new tables?

От
Larry Rosenman
Дата:
I have the following grant in effect:
GRANT SELECT ON ALL TABLES IN SCHEMA public TO readonly;

We occasionally add tables to that schema, but the readonly role
can't read them.

Is this a bug or do I/should I re-issue the GRANT when we add tables?

Phone: +1 214-642-9640                 E-Mail: ler@lerctr.org
US Mail: 5708 Sabbia Drive, Round Rock, TX 78665-2106

Вложения

Re: GRANT SELECT ON ALL TABLES IN SCHEMA... doesn't apply to new tables?

От
Christopher Swingley
Дата:
Larry,

On Fri, Dec 14, 2018 at 17:14 Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org> wrote:
I have the following grant in effect:
GRANT SELECT ON ALL TABLES IN SCHEMA public TO readonly;

We occasionally add tables to that schema, but the readonly role
can't read them.

What you want is to apply default privileges to the roles that will be creating new objects:

Your existing GRANT will take care of the tables you have, default privileges will set permissions on new tables. \ddp shows the in psql.

Cheers,

Chris

--
Christopher Swingley
Fairbanks, Alaska

Re: GRANT SELECT ON ALL TABLES IN SCHEMA... doesn't apply to new tables?

От
Rob Sargent
Дата:
Reissue. I think your grant is really a wrapper that grants to each existing table

> On Dec 14, 2018, at 7:13 PM, Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org> wrote:
>
> I have the following grant in effect:
> GRANT SELECT ON ALL TABLES IN SCHEMA public TO readonly;
>
> We occasionally add tables to that schema, but the readonly role
> can't read them.
>
> Is this a bug or do I/should I re-issue the GRANT when we add tables?
>

> --
> Larry Rosenman                     http://www.lerctr.org/~ler
> Phone: +1 214-642-9640                 E-Mail: ler@lerctr.org
> US Mail: 5708 Sabbia Drive, Round Rock, TX 78665-2106

Re: GRANT SELECT ON ALL TABLES IN SCHEMA... doesn't apply to new tables?

От
"David G. Johnston"
Дата:
On Friday, December 14, 2018, Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org> wrote:
Is this a bug or do I/should I re-issue the GRANT when we add tables?

David J.

Re: GRANT SELECT ON ALL TABLES IN SCHEMA... doesn't apply to newtables?

От
Larry Rosenman
Дата:
On Fri, Dec 14, 2018 at 08:26:42PM -0700, David G. Johnston wrote:
> On Friday, December 14, 2018, Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org> wrote:
> >
> > Is this a bug or do I/should I re-issue the GRANT when we add tables?
> >

> See:   https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/sql-alterdefaultprivileges.html

Thank You, Sir!  Exactly what I was looking for.