Обсуждение: Undefined symbol error - psql CLI client

Undefined symbol error - psql CLI client

От
"Srimal | PickMe"
Дата:
Hi,

psql returns the following error.

/usr/lib/postgresql/11/bin/psql: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/postgresql/11/bin/psql: undefined symbol: PQsetErrorContextVisibility

Operating system : Ubuntu 18.04LTS
PostgreSQL version : 11.1

Thanks.

--
Regards,
Srimal

Re: Undefined symbol error - psql CLI client

От
Pavel Stehule
Дата:
Hi

st 19. 12. 2018 v 9:44 odesílatel Srimal | PickMe <srimal@pickme.lk> napsal:
Hi,

psql returns the following error.

/usr/lib/postgresql/11/bin/psql: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/postgresql/11/bin/psql: undefined symbol: PQsetErrorContextVisibility

Maybe you have a old libpq library. Do you have installed some older Postgres client on your comp?

Operating system : Ubuntu 18.04LTS
PostgreSQL version : 11.1

Thanks.

--
Regards,
Srimal

Re: Undefined symbol error - psql CLI client

От
"Srimal | PickMe"
Дата:
Hi,

The issue came after I upgrade Postgres from version 10 to 11. That may be the reason.

st 19. 12. 2018 v 12:22 odesílatel Srimal | PickMe <srimal@pickme.lk> napsal:
Hi,

The issue came after I upgrade Postgres from version 10 to 11. That may be the reason.

maybe libpq was not updated, or there there are more libpq and older has higher priority

[...]

Дата:
I have these packages installed.

image.png

On Wed, Dec 19, 2018 at 4:54 PM Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

Вложения

st 19. 12. 2018 v 12:33 odesílatel Srimal | PickMe <srimal@pickme.lk> napsal:
I have these packages installed.

image.png

On Wed, Dec 19, 2018 at 4:54 PM Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:

st 19. 12. 2018 v 12:22 odesílatel Srimal | PickMe <srimal@pickme.lk> napsal:
Hi,

The issue came after I upgrade Postgres from version 10 to 11. That may be the reason.

maybe libpq was not updated, or there there are more libpq and older has higher priority

maybe there are broken dependency between releases, or some other

[...]

Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
On 2018-Dec-19, Pavel Stehule wrote:

> st 19. 12. 2018 v 12:33 odesílatel Srimal | PickMe <srimal@pickme.lk>
> napsal:
>
> maybe there are broken dependency between releases, or some other

I bet there is another libpq that is being picked up.
PQsetErrorContextVisibility was added in 9.6.  Maybe
ldd /usr/lib/postgresql/11/bin/psql
would give a clue.

Re: Undefined symbol error - psql CLI client

От
"Srimal | PickMe"
Дата:
Hi,

Yes, it was using an incorrect libpq version which comes with Pipelinedb (See the attached screenshot). I have uninstalled Pipelinedb since I'm not using that anymore. The issue is fixed now.

image.png

Thank you all for the great support.

On Wed, Dec 19, 2018 at 7:51 PM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On 2018-Dec-19, Pavel Stehule wrote:

> st 19. 12. 2018 v 12:33 odesílatel Srimal | PickMe <srimal@pickme.lk>
> napsal:
>
> maybe there are broken dependency between releases, or some other

I bet there is another libpq that is being picked up.
PQsetErrorContextVisibility was added in 9.6.  Maybe
ldd /usr/lib/postgresql/11/bin/psql
would give a clue.

--
Álvaro Herrera                https://www.2ndQuadrant.com/