Обсуждение: pgAdmin Saved Password Security

pgAdmin Saved Password Security

От
Michel Feinstein
Дата:
Hi,

I am new to pgAdmin and PostgreSQL. I am configuring a new server connection and I can see there's an option to save my server's password.

How secure is this option? Does it save my password as plaintext or does it save inside Windows protection or other form of encryption?

Best wishes,

Michel.

Re: pgAdmin Saved Password Security

От
Ian Barwick
Дата:
Hi

On 4/14/19 12:38 PM, Michel Feinstein wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to pgAdmin and PostgreSQL. I am configuring a new server connection and I can see there's an option to save
myserver's password.

> How secure is this option? Does it save my password as plaintext or does it save inside Windows protection or other
formof encryption?

This is the "pgsql-admin" mailing list, which despite the name's similarity to
"pgadmin" is intended for general questions related to administration of PostgreSQL
itself.

You'll have a better chance of a response on the pgadmin mailing list; see:

   https://www.pgadmin.org/support/list/

Regards

Ian Barwick

--
  Ian Barwick                   https://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

Re: pgAdmin Saved Password Security

От
Michel Feinstein
Дата:
Many thanks, sorry for the confusion.

(maybe you guys could move to github, where opening Issues is a lot easier?)