Обсуждение: BUG #15909: Doc for `initdb` on `--data-checksums` says "cannot be changed later", but *can* be in Pg 12.

BUG #15909: Doc for `initdb` on `--data-checksums` says "cannot be changed later", but *can* be in Pg 12.

От
PG Bug reporting form
Дата:

Bug reference:      15909
Logged by:          Basil Bourque
Email address:      basil.bourque@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 12beta2
Operating system:   macOS

The `--data-checksums` option on this page for `initdb`:
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/app-initdb.html

…needs to be updated.

Currently says "This option can only be set during initialization, and
cannot be changed later."

But now in Postgres 12, the `pg_checksums` command can enable or disable
checksums on an existing cluster.

See: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/app-pgchecksums.html

--Basil Bourque

On Tue, Jul 16, 2019 at 04:10:52PM +0000, PG Bug reporting form wrote:
> But now in Postgres 12, the `pg_checksums` command can enable or disable
> checksums on an existing cluster.

My fault here.  As it is an initdb option, it is pretty obvious that
it is an initialization-time option.  My take is to simply remove the
sentence completely instead of adding an extra reference to
pg_checksums.  Thoughts?
--
Michael

Вложения
> On 17 Jul 2019, at 05:30, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Jul 16, 2019 at 04:10:52PM +0000, PG Bug reporting form wrote:
>> But now in Postgres 12, the `pg_checksums` command can enable or disable
>> checksums on an existing cluster.
>
> My fault here.  As it is an initdb option, it is pretty obvious that
> it is an initialization-time option.  My take is to simply remove the
> sentence completely instead of adding an extra reference to
> pg_checksums.  Thoughts?

Agreed, better to just remove the sentence altogether.

cheers ./daniel

On Wed, Jul 17, 2019 at 09:57:56AM +0200, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
> Agreed, better to just remove the sentence altogether.

OK, applied.  Thanks for the report.
--
Michael

Вложения