Обсуждение: Determining table and column access based on query

Determining table and column access based on query

От
"Thomas Rosenstein"
Дата:
Hi,

we would like to evaluate what data a SQL query will access,
is there a possibility to ask the Planner directly which tables and
columns will be affected in the end?

Thanks
Thomas

Re: Determining table and column access based on query

От
Thomas Kellerer
Дата:
Thomas Rosenstein schrieb am 13.08.2019 um 12:17:
> we would like to evaluate what data a SQL query will access, is there
> a possibility to ask the Planner directly which tables and columns
> will be affected in the end?

explain (verbose)  will show the output columns for each step.

Is that what you are looking for?

Re: Determining table and column access based on query

От
"Thomas Rosenstein"
Дата:
Actually yes, thanks