Обсуждение: How to install Postgres 12 beta with YUM

How to install Postgres 12 beta with YUM

От
"Igal @ Lucee.org"
Дата:
I have installed the CentOS 7 PGDG file from https://yum.postgresql.org/repopackages.php

If I `cat /etc/yum.repos.d/pgdg-redhat-all.repo` I see:

# PGDG Red Hat Enterprise Linux / CentOS / Scientific Linux stable repositories:

[pgdg12]
name=PostgreSQL 12 $releasever - $basearch
baseurl=https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/12/redhat/rhel-$releasever-$basearch
enabled=0
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-PGDG

But when I try to find the version to install I do not see it, e.g. `yum list postgresql* | grep 12` doesn't show anything with version 12.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Igal Sapir
Lucee Core Developer
Lucee.org

Re: How to install Postgres 12 beta with YUM

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 8/22/19 11:29 AM, Igal @ Lucee.org wrote:
> I have installed the CentOS 7 PGDG file from
> https://yum.postgresql.org/repopackages.php
>
> If I `cat /etc/yum.repos.d/pgdg-redhat-all.repo` I see:
>
> # PGDG Red Hat Enterprise Linux / CentOS / Scientific Linux stable
> repositories:
>
> [pgdg12]
> name=PostgreSQL 12 $releasever - $basearch
> baseurl=https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/12/redhat/rhel-$releasever-$basearch
> enabled=0

Not a YUM user, but what if you change enabled to 1?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Re: How to install Postgres 12 beta with YUM

От
"Igal @ Lucee.org"
Дата:
Adrian,

On 8/22/2019 12:22 PM, Adrian Klaver wrote:

> On 8/22/19 11:29 AM, Igal @ Lucee.org wrote:
>> I have installed the CentOS 7 PGDG file from
>> https://yum.postgresql.org/repopackages.php
>>
>> If I `cat /etc/yum.repos.d/pgdg-redhat-all.repo` I see:
>>
>> # PGDG Red Hat Enterprise Linux / CentOS / Scientific Linux stable
>> repositories:
>>
>> [pgdg12]
>> name=PostgreSQL 12 $releasever - $basearch
>> baseurl=https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/12/redhat/rhel-$releasever-$basearch
>>
>> enabled=0
>
> Not a YUM user, but what if you change enabled to 1?

Thanks, that was indeed the issue (Joshua Drake pointed it to me offline
earlier as it seemed that my emails are not posted to the list), but
upon changing enabled to 1 and then running `yum update`, there is a new
error:

failure: repodata/repomd.xml from pgdg12: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to
try.
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/12/redhat/rhel-7-x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml:
[Errno 14] HTTPS Error 404 - Not Found

The XML data is missing.  If I change the URL to 11 then I get the XML
file for Postgres 11.

Where should I report this issue?

Thank you,

Igal

Re: How to install Postgres 12 beta with YUM

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 8/22/19 12:35 PM, Igal @ Lucee.org wrote:
> Adrian,
>
> On 8/22/2019 12:22 PM, Adrian Klaver wrote:
>
>> On 8/22/19 11:29 AM, Igal @ Lucee.org wrote:
>>> I have installed the CentOS 7 PGDG file from
>>> https://yum.postgresql.org/repopackages.php
>>>
>>> If I `cat /etc/yum.repos.d/pgdg-redhat-all.repo` I see:
>>>
>>> # PGDG Red Hat Enterprise Linux / CentOS / Scientific Linux stable
>>> repositories:
>>>
>>> [pgdg12]
>>> name=PostgreSQL 12 $releasever - $basearch
>>> baseurl=https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/12/redhat/rhel-$releasever-$basearch
>>>
>>> enabled=0
>>
>> Not a YUM user, but what if you change enabled to 1?
>
> Thanks, that was indeed the issue (Joshua Drake pointed it to me offline
> earlier as it seemed that my emails are not posted to the list), but
> upon changing enabled to 1 and then running `yum update`, there is a new
> error:
>
> failure: repodata/repomd.xml from pgdg12: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to
> try.
> https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/12/redhat/rhel-7-x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml:
> [Errno 14] HTTPS Error 404 - Not Found

Yeah 12/ is not there:

https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/

it is in:

https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/testing/

You can file an issue here:

https://redmine.postgresql.org/projects/pgrpms

You will need a community account to file an issue:

https://www.postgresql.org/account/auth/4/

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Re: How to install Postgres 12 beta with YUM

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 8/22/19 12:35 PM, Igal @ Lucee.org wrote:
> Adrian,
>
> On 8/22/2019 12:22 PM, Adrian Klaver wrote:
>
>> On 8/22/19 11:29 AM, Igal @ Lucee.org wrote:
>>> I have installed the CentOS 7 PGDG file from
>>> https://yum.postgresql.org/repopackages.php
>>>
>>> If I `cat /etc/yum.repos.d/pgdg-redhat-all.repo` I see:
>>>
>>> # PGDG Red Hat Enterprise Linux / CentOS / Scientific Linux stable
>>> repositories:
>>>
>>> [pgdg12]
>>> name=PostgreSQL 12 $releasever - $basearch
>>> baseurl=https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/12/redhat/rhel-$releasever-$basearch
>>>
>>> enabled=0
>>
>> Not a YUM user, but what if you change enabled to 1?
>
> Thanks, that was indeed the issue (Joshua Drake pointed it to me offline
> earlier as it seemed that my emails are not posted to the list), but
> upon changing enabled to 1 and then running `yum update`, there is a new
> error:
>
> failure: repodata/repomd.xml from pgdg12: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to
> try.
> https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/12/redhat/rhel-7-x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml:
> [Errno 14] HTTPS Error 404 - Not Found
>
> The XML data is missing.  If I change the URL to 11 then I get the XML
> file for Postgres 11.
>
> Where should I report this issue?

In addition to my previous post maybe change:

baseurl=https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/12/redhat/rhel-$releasever-$basearch

to:

baseurl=https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/testing/yum/12/redhat/rhel-$releasever-$basearch

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Re: How to install Postgres 12 beta with YUM

От
"Igal @ Lucee.org"
Дата:
Adrian,

On 8/22/2019 12:48 PM, Adrian Klaver wrote:
> <snip/>
> In addition to my previous post maybe change:
>
> baseurl=https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/12/redhat/rhel-$releasever-$basearch
>

> to:
>
> baseurl=https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/testing/yum/12/redhat/rhel-$releasever-$basearch

Almost!  "/testing" comes after "/yum" rather than before it, so it's

baseurl=https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/testing/12/redhat/rhel-$releasever-$basearch

But before I figured that out I used the other link you posted and
installed the 3 packages separately like so:

# yum install

https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/testing/12/redhat/rhel-7.6-x86_64/postgresql12-libs-12beta3-1PGDG.rhel7.x86_64.rpm

# yum install

https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/testing/12/redhat/rhel-7.6-x86_64/postgresql12-12beta3-1PGDG.rhel7.x86_64.rpm

# yum install

https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/testing/12/redhat/rhel-7.6-x86_64/postgresql12-server-12beta3-1PGDG.rhel7.x86_64.rpm

Thanks for your help,

Igal

Re: How to install Postgres 12 beta with YUM

От
Devrim Gündüz
Дата:
Hi,

v12 is in testing repos only. Find

[pgdg12-updates-testing]

in the repo file, and enable that one, please.

Regards, Devrim

On 22 August 2019 21:29:44 GMT+03:00, "Igal @ Lucee.org" <igal@lucee.org> wrote:
[...]

Дата:
On 8/23/19 3:38 AM, Devrim Gündüz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> v12 is in testing repos only. Find
>
> [pgdg12-updates-testing]
>
> in the repo file, and enable that one, please.

You may want to include the above here:

https://yum.postgresql.org/news-12snapshot-ready-for-testing.php

> Regards, Devrim
>
> On 22 August 2019 21:29:44 GMT+03:00, "Igal @ Lucee.org"
> <igal@lucee.org> wrote:
>
>     I have installed the CentOS 7 PGDG file from
>     https://yum.postgresql.org/repopackages.php
>
>     If I `cat /etc/yum.repos.d/pgdg-redhat-all.repo` I see:
>
>     # PGDG Red Hat Enterprise Linux / CentOS / Scientific Linux stable
>     repositories:
>
>     [pgdg12]
>     name=PostgreSQL 12 $releasever - $basearch
>     baseurl=https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/12/redhat/rhel-$releasever-$basearch
>     enabled=0
>     gpgcheck=1
>     gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-PGDG
>
>     But when I try to find the version to install I do not see it, e.g.
>     `yum list postgresql* | grep 12` doesn't show anything with version 12.
>
>     Any ideas?
>
>     Thanks,
>
>     Igal Sapir
>     Lucee Core Developer