Обсуждение: Add const qualifiers to internal range type APIs

Add const qualifiers to internal range type APIs

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
This patch adds const qualifiers to internal range type APIs.  It
doesn't require any new casts or remove any old ones.

Re: Add const qualifiers to internal range type APIs

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
On Mon, Oct 28, 2019 at 5:01 AM Peter Eisentraut
> This patch adds const qualifiers to internal range type APIs.  It
> doesn't require any new casts or remove any old ones.

Just out of curiosity, what is the motivation for this?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: Add const qualifiers to internal range type APIs

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
On 2019-10-28 14:05, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 28, 2019 at 5:01 AM Peter Eisentraut
>> This patch adds const qualifiers to internal range type APIs.  It
>> doesn't require any new casts or remove any old ones.
>
> Just out of curiosity, what is the motivation for this?

I don't remember. :-)

I had this code lying around from earlier "adventures in const",
probably related to unconstify() and that work, and it seemed sensible
and self-contained enough to finish up and submit.

Re: Add const qualifiers to internal range type APIs

От
Andres Freund
Дата:
On 2019-10-29 16:48:24 +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On 2019-10-28 14:05, Robert Haas wrote:
> > Just out of curiosity, what is the motivation for this?
>
> I don't remember. :-)
>
> I had this code lying around from earlier "adventures in const", probably
> related to unconstify() and that work, and it seemed sensible and
> self-contained enough to finish up and submit.

+1

Re: Add const qualifiers to internal range type APIs

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
On 2019-10-29 21:11, Andres Freund wrote:
> On 2019-10-29 16:48:24 +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> On 2019-10-28 14:05, Robert Haas wrote:
>>> Just out of curiosity, what is the motivation for this?
>>
>> I don't remember. :-)
>>
>> I had this code lying around from earlier "adventures in const", probably
>> related to unconstify() and that work, and it seemed sensible and
>> self-contained enough to finish up and submit.
>
> +1

committed