Обсуждение: Commit fest manager for 2020-01

Commit fest manager for 2020-01

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
Hi all,

Happy new year to all!

As we have entered in January, the commit fest for 2020-01 has
officially begun, and I have switched the status of this commit fest
to "In Progress" a couple of minutes ago.  Unfortunately, we still
lack a commit fest manager.

Are there any volunteers?  Please note that I have taken care of the
last one, so this time I am out.

Thanks,
--
Michael

Вложения

Re: Commit fest manager for 2020-01

От
Tomas Vondra
Дата:
On Thu, Jan 02, 2020 at 11:22:33PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>Happy new year to all!
>
>As we have entered in January, the commit fest for 2020-01 has
>officially begun, and I have switched the status of this commit fest
>to "In Progress" a couple of minutes ago.  Unfortunately, we still
>lack a commit fest manager.
>
>Are there any volunteers?  Please note that I have taken care of the
>last one, so this time I am out.

It's probably time I've done one of these, so if there are no other
volunteers I'll take care of it this one.

regards

Re: Commit fest manager for 2020-01

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Thu, Jan 02, 2020 at 11:34:55PM +0100, Tomas Vondra wrote:
> It's probably time I've done one of these, so if there are no other
> volunteers I'll take care of it this one.

Nobody has raised his/her hand yet, but let's see.  If you take care
of it, that would be great.  Thanks!
--
Michael

Вложения

Re: Commit fest manager for 2020-01

От
Ibrar Ahmed

On Fri, 3 Jan 2020 at 11:51, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
On Thu, Jan 02, 2020 at 11:34:55PM +0100, Tomas Vondra wrote:
> It's probably time I've done one of these, so if there are no other
> volunteers I'll take care of it this one.

Nobody has raised his/her hand yet, but let's see.  If you take care
of it, that would be great.  Thanks!
--
Michael

I want to be this time. This is my first time doing this.
--
Ibrar Ahmed

Re: Commit fest manager for 2020-01

От
Tomas Vondra
Дата:
On Fri, Jan 03, 2020 at 01:29:23PM +0500, Ibrar Ahmed wrote:
>On Fri, 3 Jan 2020 at 11:51, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Jan 02, 2020 at 11:34:55PM +0100, Tomas Vondra wrote:
>> > It's probably time I've done one of these, so if there are no other
>> > volunteers I'll take care of it this one.
>>
>> Nobody has raised his/her hand yet, but let's see.  If you take care
>> of it, that would be great.  Thanks!
>> --
>> Michael
>
> I want to be this time. This is my first time doing this.
>--
>Ibrar Ahmed

It's not clear to me what's the process for picking a CFM when there are
multiple volunteers.

regards

Re: Commit fest manager for 2020-01

Дата:
Tomas Vondra <tomas.vondra@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> On Fri, Jan 03, 2020 at 01:29:23PM +0500, Ibrar Ahmed wrote:
>> I want to be this time. This is my first time doing this.

> It's not clear to me what's the process for picking a CFM when there are
> multiple volunteers.

Up to now we haven't needed a process for that ;-)

I'd say you're it, since you volunteered first; and if you want
to let Ibrar help out, that's fine, but it's your call.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Commit fest manager for 2020-01

От
Tomas Vondra
Дата:
On Sat, Jan 04, 2020 at 06:19:33PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>Tomas Vondra <tomas.vondra@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
>> On Fri, Jan 03, 2020 at 01:29:23PM +0500, Ibrar Ahmed wrote:
>>> I want to be this time. This is my first time doing this.
>
>> It's not clear to me what's the process for picking a CFM when there are
>> multiple volunteers.
>
>Up to now we haven't needed a process for that ;-)
>
>I'd say you're it, since you volunteered first;

OK

>and if you want to let Ibrar help out, that's fine, but it's your call.

I'm not against doing that, but I don't know how to split the work.

regards

Re: Commit fest manager for 2020-01

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Sun, Jan 05, 2020 at 04:55:18AM +0100, Tomas Vondra wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 04, 2020 at 06:19:33PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I'd say you're it, since you volunteered first;
>
> OK

Sounds like a plan then.

> I'm not against doing that, but I don't know how to split the work.

You could also be two independent entities when it comes to review
patches.  There are so many entries that when it comes to
classification of the patches there is unlikely going to be a
conflict.  I'll try to do my own share of patches to look at, but
that's business as usual.
--
Michael

Вложения