Обсуждение: PATCH: Fix wrong size argument to pg_strncasecmp

PATCH: Fix wrong size argument to pg_strncasecmp

От
Dominik Czarnota
Дата:
Hello,

Please find a one-liner patch in the attachment.

This patch fixes a size parameter of `pg_strncasecmp` which compared a "string" literal with a variable by passing a size of 5 while the "string" literal has 6 bytes.

This issue can be observed with the following query (where 'X' is any character other than 'g' and null byte):

    select json_to_tsvector('"abc"'::json, '"strinX"')

Before this patch this query returns the `'abc':1` result instead of failing with the following error:

    wrong flag in flag array: "strinX"

By the way, the `strncasecmp` usages around the fixed line could use `strcasecmp` which doesn't accept the `size_t n` argument.

---
Regards,
Disconnect3d
Вложения

Re: PATCH: Fix wrong size argument to pg_strncasecmp

Дата:
Dominik Czarnota <dominik.b.czarnota@gmail.com> writes:
> This patch fixes a size parameter of `pg_strncasecmp` which compared a
> "string" literal with a variable by passing a size of 5 while the "string"
> literal has 6 bytes.

Pushed, thanks for the report!

> By the way, the `strncasecmp` usages around the fixed line could use
> `strcasecmp` which doesn't accept the `size_t n` argument.

Maybe.  It's not clear to me that it's be okay to assume that the
variable input string is null-terminated.

            regards, tom lane