Обсуждение: Dead code in adminpack

Dead code in adminpack

От
Antonin Houska
Дата:
I've noticed that convert_and_check_filename() is always passed false for the
"logAllowed" argument - someone probably forgot to remove the argument when it
was decided that log files are no longer accepted. If the argument was removed,
the function would become a bit simpler, see the patch.

--
Antonin Houska

Re: Dead code in adminpack

От
Julien Rouhaud
Дата:
On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 12:14 PM Antonin Houska <ah@cybertec.at> wrote:

> I've noticed that convert_and_check_filename() is always passed false for the
> "logAllowed" argument - someone probably forgot to remove the argument when it
> was decided that log files are no longer accepted. If the argument was removed,
> the function would become a bit simpler, see the patch.

Indeed, and actually I don't see when this codepath was reachable.

Patch LGTM.

Re: Dead code in adminpack

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 12:15:39PM +0100, Antonin Houska wrote:
> I've noticed that convert_and_check_filename() is always passed false for the
> "logAllowed" argument - someone probably forgot to remove the argument when it
> was decided that log files are no longer accepted. If the argument was removed,
> the function would become a bit simpler, see the patch.

This routine was originally named absClusterPath(), but even at its
origin point (fe59e56) this argument has never been used.  So no
objections to clean up that.
--
Michael

Вложения

Re: Dead code in adminpack

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 12:41:46PM +0100, Julien Rouhaud wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 12:14 PM Antonin Houska <ah@cybertec.at> wrote:
>> I've noticed that convert_and_check_filename() is always passed false for the
>> "logAllowed" argument - someone probably forgot to remove the argument when it
>> was decided that log files are no longer accepted. If the argument was removed,
>> the function would become a bit simpler, see the patch.
>
> Indeed, and actually I don't see when this codepath was reachable.
>
> Patch LGTM.

Thanks, applied.
--
Michael