Обсуждение: pg_bsd_indent and -Wimplicit-fallthrough

pg_bsd_indent and -Wimplicit-fallthrough

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
Hi,

I have just noticed that pg_bsd_indent complains since
-Wimplicit-fallthrough=3 has been added to the default set of switches
if available.

Something like the attached is fine to take care of those warnings,
but what's our current patching policy for this tool?

Thanks,
--
Michael

Вложения

Re: pg_bsd_indent and -Wimplicit-fallthrough

От
Julien Rouhaud
Дата:
On Fri, May 15, 2020 at 8:03 AM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have just noticed that pg_bsd_indent complains since
> -Wimplicit-fallthrough=3 has been added to the default set of switches
> if available.

Oh Indeed.

> Something like the attached is fine to take care of those warnings,
> but what's our current patching policy for this tool?

The patch looks good to me.  It looks like we already have custom
patches, so +1 to applying it.

Re: pg_bsd_indent and -Wimplicit-fallthrough

От
Daniel Gustafsson
Дата:
> On 15 May 2020, at 08:28, Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, May 15, 2020 at 8:03 AM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:

>> Something like the attached is fine to take care of those warnings,
>> but what's our current patching policy for this tool?
>
> The patch looks good to me.  It looks like we already have custom
> patches, so +1 to applying it.

Shouldn't we try and propose it to upstream first to minimize our diff?

cheers ./daniel

Re: pg_bsd_indent and -Wimplicit-fallthrough

От
Julien Rouhaud
Дата:
On Fri, May 15, 2020 at 9:17 AM Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:

> > On 15 May 2020, at 08:28, Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, May 15, 2020 at 8:03 AM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
>
> >> Something like the attached is fine to take care of those warnings,
> >> but what's our current patching policy for this tool?
> >
> > The patch looks good to me.  It looks like we already have custom
> > patches, so +1 to applying it.
>
> Shouldn't we try and propose it to upstream first to minimize our diff?

Good point, adding Piotr.

Re: pg_bsd_indent and -Wimplicit-fallthrough

Дата:
Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123@gmail.com> writes:
> On Fri, May 15, 2020 at 9:17 AM Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:
>> On 15 May 2020, at 08:28, Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> The patch looks good to me.  It looks like we already have custom
>>> patches, so +1 to applying it.

>> Shouldn't we try and propose it to upstream first to minimize our diff?

> Good point, adding Piotr.

In the meantime, I went ahead and pushed this to our pg_bsd_indent repo.

            regards, tom lane

Re: pg_bsd_indent and -Wimplicit-fallthrough

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Sat, May 16, 2020 at 11:56:28AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> In the meantime, I went ahead and pushed this to our pg_bsd_indent repo.

Thanks, Tom.
--
Michael

Вложения

Re: pg_bsd_indent and -Wimplicit-fallthrough

От
Julien Rouhaud
Дата:
On Sun, May 17, 2020 at 2:32 AM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:

> On Sat, May 16, 2020 at 11:56:28AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > In the meantime, I went ahead and pushed this to our pg_bsd_indent repo.
>
> Thanks, Tom.

+1, thanks a lot!

Re: pg_bsd_indent and -Wimplicit-fallthrough

От
Piotr Stefaniak
Дата:
On 18/05/2020 11.22, Julien Rouhaud wrote:
> On Sun, May 17, 2020 at 2:32 AM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, May 16, 2020 at 11:56:28AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> In the meantime, I went ahead and pushed this to our pg_bsd_indent repo.
>>
>> Thanks, Tom.
>
> +1, thanks a lot!

Committed upstream, thank you.

Re: pg_bsd_indent and -Wimplicit-fallthrough

От
Julien Rouhaud
Дата:
On Thu, May 21, 2020 at 7:39 PM Piotr Stefaniak
<postgres@piotr-stefaniak.me> wrote:

> On 18/05/2020 11.22, Julien Rouhaud wrote:

> >> Thanks, Tom.
> >
> > +1, thanks a lot!
> >

> Committed upstream, thank you.

Thanks!