Обсуждение: PostgreSQL 11 with SSL on Linux

PostgreSQL 11 with SSL on Linux

От
Susan Joseph
Дата:
Can someone tell me if there is a yum version of PostgreSQL 11 that can be installed on Linux that has SSL enabled?  Currently the only way I have gotten SSL turned on in PostgreSQL is by doing the following commands:

  • tar xzvf /tmp/postgresql-11.2.tar.gz -C /data
  • mv /data/postgresql-11.2 /data/pgsql
  • cd /data/pgsql
  • ./configure --prefix=/data/pgsql --without-readline --without-zlib --with-openssl >> conf.log
  • make
  • make install
Thanks

Re: PostgreSQL 11 with SSL on Linux

От
Magnus Hagander

All the PostgreSQL versions available om yum from the postgresql.org site have SSL enabled. Just install using the instructions from https://www.postgresql.org/download/.

--

Re: PostgreSQL 11 with SSL on Linux

От
Susan Joseph
Дата:
So the other issue I have is that I am running this on a server that is not connected to the Internet.  So I have downloaded the RPM file but I can't figure out how to install it without it trying to access files on the Internet.  Are there other libraries I need to include in my download for this to work on a non-networked server?

Can someone tell me if there is a yum version of PostgreSQL 11 that can be installed on Linux that has SSL enabled?  Currently the only way I have gotten SSL turned on in PostgreSQL is by doing the following commands:

  • tar xzvf /tmp/postgresql-11.2.tar.gz -C /data
  • mv /data/postgresql-11.2 /data/pgsql
  • cd /data/pgsql
  • ./configure --prefix=/data/pgsql --without-readline --without-zlib --with-openssl >> conf.log
  • make
  • make install

All the PostgreSQL versions available om yum from the postgresql.org site have SSL enabled. Just install using the instructions from https://www.postgresql.org/download/.

--

Re: PostgreSQL 11 with SSL on Linux

Дата:
Susan Joseph <sandajoseph@verizon.net> writes:
> So the other issue I have is that I am running this on a server that is not connected to the Internet.  So I have
downloadedthe RPM file but I can't figure out how to install it without it trying to access files on the Internet.  Are
thereother libraries I need to include in my download for this to work on a non-networked server?

Are you using the right install tool?  "rpm -i" shouldn't result in any
nonlocal accesses.  Tools like yum or dnf will, because they're meant to
fetch from nonlocal repositories.

            regards, tom lane

Re: PostgreSQL 11 with SSL on Linux

От
Susan Joseph
Дата:
So when I run rpm -i it says that the package is installed, but I can't find a postgresql directory with all the files and executables.  So what am I missing?

> So the other issue I have is that I am running this on a server that is not connected to the Internet.  So I have downloaded the RPM file but I can't figure out how to install it without it trying to access files on the Internet.  Are there other libraries I need to include in my download for this to work on a non-networked server?

Are you using the right install tool?  "rpm -i" shouldn't result in any
nonlocal accesses.  Tools like yum or dnf will, because they're meant to
fetch from nonlocal repositories.

            regards, tom lane

Re: PostgreSQL 11 with SSL on Linux

От
Alan Hodgson
Дата:
On Thu, 2020-06-04 at 17:32 +0000, Susan Joseph wrote:
So when I run rpm -i it says that the package is installed, but I can't find a postgresql directory with all the files and executables.  So what am I missing?

The server stuff is in postgresql11-serverif you're using the community rpms.

Re: PostgreSQL 11 with SSL on Linux

Дата:
Susan Joseph <sandajoseph@verizon.net> writes:
> So when I run rpm -i it says that the package is installed, but I can't find a postgresql directory with all the
filesand executables.  So what am I missing?

Looking in the right place, perhaps ;-).  If the package is installed
then "rpm -ql" will list all the files it installed.

There are a couple of different layouts that different packagers like to
use, so you might be accustomed to something different than what this
particular package used.

Related to that is that there are almost always sub-packages; it's
likely that in addition to an rpm named just postgresql-NNN you need
postgresql-server-NNN, and maybe some other bits.

            regards, tom lane

Re: PostgreSQL 11 with SSL on Linux

От
Susan Joseph
Дата:
OK, when I went to PostgreSQL to get the rpm file to install I was given:

yum install https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/reporpms/EL-7-x86_64/pgdg-redhat-repo-latest.noarch.rpm

I put the file pgdg-redhat-repo-latest.noarch.rpm in my /tmp directory and ran rpm -i on the file.
If I run rpm -qa | grep postgres
I get postgresql-libs-9.2.24-4.el7_8.x86_64

When I run: rpm -ql postgresql-libs-9.2.24-4.el7_8.x86_64 I just get a list of libraries.

I am not an SA, I am more of an engineer and have been working with the PostgreSQL I installed by building it so not really used to RPM. I have used YUM but that was with a connected server.
How do I find all the packages that I need to have to do an install locally?