Обсуждение: Using Postgres jdbc driver with Oracle SQL Developer

Using Postgres jdbc driver with Oracle SQL Developer

От
Niels Jespersen

Hello all

Oracle SQL Developer allows you to add what they call a Third Party JDBC Driver. With that you can connect and use SQL Developer against Postgres. So far, so good. But when you connect, there is a button “Choose database” that fills a dropdown box with databasenames available on the cluster. This works great if you connect with the user named postgres, as it will connect to the database named postgres and check for available databases. However, if you try to connect using for instance username “user1” it will try to connect to a database named “user1” This mostly fails, since you most often does not have a database named exactly like your username.

I think this is a bug in Oracles call of Postgres jdbc, because it does not send a databasename, and the driver defaults to a database named as the username.

I may file a service request with Oracle to have this fixed down the road sometime.

In the meantime, is there a way to provide a default username to Postgres jdbc out-of-band from the actual calls from Oracle to Poostgres jdbc?

In the documentation https://jdbc.postgresql.org/documentation/head/connect.html#connection-parameters is says “If a property is specified both in URL and in Properties object, the value from Properties object is ignored.” How can I inject a property object into the gap between Oracle and Postgres jdbc?

Regards Niels Jespersen

SV: Using Postgres jdbc driver with Oracle SQL Developer

От
Niels Jespersen

Sorry, ”way to provide a default username” should have been “way to provide a default databasename”

[...]

Re: SV: Using Postgres jdbc driver with Oracle SQL Developer

Дата:
Niels Jespersen <NJN@dst.dk> writes:
> Sorry, "way to provide a default username" should have been "way to provide a default databasename"

Not sure, but you'd be more likely to find a knowledgeable answer
on the pgsql-jdbc list.

            regards, tom lane

Re: SV: Using Postgres jdbc driver with Oracle SQL Developer

От
Dave Cramer

On Mon, 6 Jul 2020 at 09:33, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Niels Jespersen <NJN@dst.dk> writes:
> Sorry, "way to provide a default username" should have been "way to provide a default databasename"

Not sure, but you'd be more likely to find a knowledgeable answer
on the pgsql-jdbc list.

Same way, in the properties object. But I'm totally unfamiliar with Oracle SQL Developer. Can you provide properties at all ?

Dave

Re: SV: Using Postgres jdbc driver with Oracle SQL Developer

От
legrand legrand
Дата:
Try Replacing hostname by hostname/Database?
Don’t Forget ?

Regards
PAscal

--
Sent from: https://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-general-f1843780.html

SV: SV: Using Postgres jdbc driver with Oracle SQL Developer

От
Niels Jespersen
>Try Replacing hostname by hostname/Database?
>Don’t Forget ?
>
>Regards
>Pascal

Ha! Thats it!. Almost.

Its actually portnumer that must be replaced with portnumber/database?

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards Niels