Обсуждение: Capturing just slow queries

Capturing just slow queries

От
Tiffany Thang
Дата:
Hi,
log_min_duration_statement captures all statements including DMLs that have exceeded the threshold. Is there a way in PG 12 to capture just select statements excluding all DMLs and DDLs? In my environment, it's acceptable for DMLs and DDLs to cross the threshold and we are more interested in capturing poor performing select statements.

Thanks.

Tiff

Re: Capturing just slow queries

От
Wim Bertels
Дата:
You might have a look at:
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/auto-explain.html

Also there are several monitoring solutions:
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Monitoring

--
mvg,
Wim Bertels

Re: Capturing just slow queries

От
Tiffany Thang
Дата:
Thank you for the information. That's a comprehensive list of monitoring solutions. I'll take a look.

Tiff

--
mvg,
Wim Bertels