Обсуждение: Pgpool in docker container

Pgpool in docker container

От
Vasu Madhineni
Дата:
Hi All,

Planning to build standalone postgres and with pgpool as connection pooler in docker containers.
Shall we try option like installing pgpool in one docker container and postgres in another docker container, is it possible?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Vasu Madhineni

Re: Pgpool in docker container

От
Srinivasa T N
Дата:
On Tue, Jul 21, 2020 at 10:46 PM Vasu Madhineni <vasumdba1515@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All,

Planning to build standalone postgres and with pgpool as connection pooler in docker containers.
Shall we try option like installing pgpool in one docker container and postgres in another docker container, is it possible?

As I know, the only way of communication between containers is through socket.  But we are using pgpool to reduce the overhead in tcp/ip communication.

Regards,
Seenu.

Re: Pgpool in docker container

От
Bo Peng
Дата:
Hello,

> Hi All,
>
> Planning to build standalone postgres and with pgpool as connection pooler
> in docker containers.
> Shall we try option like installing pgpool in one docker container and
> postgres in another docker container, is it possible?

Yes.
It is possible to install Pgpool-II and PostgreSQL in different containers.

--
Bo Peng <pengbo@sraoss.co.jp>
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan