Обсуждение: ERROR: canceling statement due to user request

ERROR: canceling statement due to user request

От
FOUTE K. Jaurès
Дата:
Hello,

How can I Solve this error ?

ERROR:  canceling statement due to user request

Best Regards,
--
Jaurès FOUTE

Re: ERROR: canceling statement due to user request

От
Pavel Stehule

st 5. 8. 2020 v 11:35 odesílatel FOUTE K. Jaurès <jauresfoute@gmail.com> napsal:
Hello,

How can I Solve this error ?

ERROR:  canceling statement due to user request

You cannot handle this exception.  What is a problem with it? It is normal situation - statement was cancelled.

Regards

Pavel

Best Regards,
--
Jaurès FOUTE

Re: ERROR: canceling statement due to user request

От
Paul Förster
Дата:
Hi Jaurès,

> On 05. Aug, 2020, at 11:35, FOUTE K. Jaurès <jauresfoute@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> How can I Solve this error ?
>
> ERROR:  canceling statement due to user request

simple: don't make the user hit ctrl-c or otherwise interrupt a transaction in progress.

As soon, as a transaction is interrupted, you'll get the message. This is mostly informational and not necessarily an
errorper se.

Cheers,
Paul

st 5. 8. 2020 v 12:07 odesílatel Paul Förster <paul.foerster@gmail.com> napsal:
Hi Jaurès,

> On 05. Aug, 2020, at 11:35, FOUTE K. Jaurès <jauresfoute@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> How can I Solve this error ?
>
> ERROR:  canceling statement due to user request

simple: don't make the user hit ctrl-c or otherwise interrupt a transaction in progress.

As soon, as a transaction is interrupted, you'll get the message. This is mostly informational and not necessarily an error per se.

If we talk about "psql" then you can do nothing. If you want to change this behavior, you have to modify source code and recompile it.

Regards

Pavel

Cheers,
Paul

Re: ERROR: canceling statement due to user request

От
FOUTE K. Jaurès
Дата:
Ok,
Just want if we can avoid this error message, With some config for exemple ?

st 5. 8. 2020 v 12:51 odesílatel FOUTE K. Jaurès <jauresfoute@gmail.com> napsal:
Ok,
Just want if we can avoid this error message, With some config for exemple ?

it is not possible

Pavel

Le mer. 5 août 2020 à 11:07, Paul Förster <paul.foerster@gmail.com> a écrit :
Hi Jaurès,

> On 05. Aug, 2020, at 11:35, FOUTE K. Jaurès <jauresfoute@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> How can I Solve this error ?
>
> ERROR:  canceling statement due to user request

simple: don't make the user hit ctrl-c or otherwise interrupt a transaction in progress.

As soon, as a transaction is interrupted, you'll get the message. This is mostly informational and not necessarily an error per se.

Cheers,
Paul

--
Jaurès FOUTE

Re: ERROR: canceling statement due to user request

От
Ron
Дата:
File a bug report to that these messages are Informationals instead of errors.

Le mer. 5 août 2020 à 11:57, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> a écrit :

st 5. 8. 2020 v 12:51 odesílatel FOUTE K. Jaurès <jauresfoute@gmail.com> napsal:
Ok,
Just want if we can avoid this error message, With some config for exemple ?

it is not possible
Ok Thx for feedback

Pavel