Обсуждение: postgr.es/p/githash to redirect to git.postgresql.org?

postgr.es/p/githash to redirect to git.postgresql.org?

От
Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais
Дата:
Hi,

I've faced a couple of time the need to shorten the URL to a PostgreSQL commit.

What are you thinking about the bellow redirection?

  https://postgr.es/p/$githash
  Location: https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=$githash

Eg.:

  https://postgr.es/p/b5810de3f4
  Location: https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=b5810de3f4

Regards,

Re: postgr.es/p/githash to redirect to git.postgresql.org?

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
On 2020-Sep-11, Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've faced a couple of time the need to shorten the URL to a PostgreSQL commit.
>
> What are you thinking about the bellow redirection?
>
>   https://postgr.es/p/$githash
>   Location: https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=$githash

We already have
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/$githash
which is 20 chars longer than your proposal, but already much shorter
than the original.

I'm not -1'ing your proposal, but I at least find that one good enough.

Re: postgr.es/p/githash to redirect to git.postgresql.org?

От
Magnus Hagander

On Fri, Sep 11, 2020 at 4:45 PM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On 2020-Sep-11, Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've faced a couple of time the need to shorten the URL to a PostgreSQL commit.
>
> What are you thinking about the bellow redirection?
>
>   https://postgr.es/p/$githash
>   Location: https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=$githash

We already have
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/$githash
which is 20 chars longer than your proposal, but already much shorter
than the original.

I'm not -1'ing your proposal, but I at least find that one good enough.

FWIW it's bd easy enough to add such a forwarder if we want to. But it seems the enthusiasm for doing it is not great? :) Does anybody else have any opinions on it?

--

Re: postgr.es/p/githash to redirect to git.postgresql.org?

От
Daniel Gustafsson
Дата:
> On 14 Sep 2020, at 15:41, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 11, 2020 at 4:45 PM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com <mailto:alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>> wrote:
> On 2020-Sep-11, Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais wrote:

> > I've faced a couple of time the need to shorten the URL to a PostgreSQL commit.
> >
> > What are you thinking about the bellow redirection?
> >
> >   https://postgr.es/p/$githash <https://postgr.es/p/$githash>
> >   Location: https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=$githash
<https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=$githash>

> We already have
> https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/$githash <https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/$githash>
> which is 20 chars longer than your proposal, but already much shorter
> than the original.
>
> I'm not -1'ing your proposal, but I at least find that one good enough.
>
> FWIW it's bd easy enough to add such a forwarder if we want to. But it seems the enthusiasm for doing it is not
great?:) Does anybody else have any opinions on it?

The already existing redirect that Álvaro seems close enough in length (and
more readable) to not add another redirect to maintain forever.

cheers ./daniel

Re: postgr.es/p/githash to redirect to git.postgresql.org?

От
Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais
Дата:
On Mon, 14 Sep 2020 16:00:40 +0200
Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:

> > On 14 Sep 2020, at 15:41, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> > On Fri, Sep 11, 2020 at 4:45 PM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com
> > <mailto:alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>> wrote: On 2020-Sep-11, Jehan-Guillaume
> > de Rorthais wrote:
>
> > > I've faced a couple of time the need to shorten the URL to a PostgreSQL
> > > commit.
> > >
> > > What are you thinking about the bellow redirection?
> > >
> > >   https://postgr.es/p/$githash <https://postgr.es/p/$githash>
> > >   Location:
> > > https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=$githash
> > > <https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=$githash>
> >
> > We already have
> > https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/$githash
> > <https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/$githash> which is 20 chars
> > longer than your proposal, but already much shorter than the original.
> >
> > I'm not -1'ing your proposal, but I at least find that one good enough.
> >
> > FWIW it's bd easy enough to add such a forwarder if we want to. But it
> > seems the enthusiasm for doing it is not great? :) Does anybody else have
> > any opinions on it?
>
> The already existing redirect that Álvaro seems close enough in length (and
> more readable) to not add another redirect to maintain forever.

I wasn't aware of the existing shorted URL Alvaro pointed out. I'm fine with it.

Regards,