Обсуждение: After vacuum application runs very slow ? is this common behavior ?

After vacuum application runs very slow ? is this common behavior ?

От
Sri Linux
Дата:
Hi All,

Our production database size is about 2TB and we had run into issues and Postgres log did recommend running the vacuum in single-user mode. We have successfully completed running a single user mode vacuum without any options. .. services were online after vacuum. Application load time and response times are very poor and don't load sometimes. Is this common behavior after a vacuum? DO we need to consider any post activities or give some time for the database to settle down?

Did full os restart for the DB server?

Thanks
Sri.

Re: After vacuum application runs very slow ? is this common behavior ?

От
Sri Linux
Дата:
Adding version info

Postgres 9.4.5
Linux - rhel 7.3

Thanks
Sri

On Fri, Nov 6, 2020 at 10:20 PM Sri Linux <srilinux09@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All,

Our production database size is about 2TB and we had run into issues and Postgres log did recommend running the vacuum in single-user mode. We have successfully completed running a single user mode vacuum without any options. .. services were online after vacuum. Application load time and response times are very poor and don't load sometimes. Is this common behavior after a vacuum? DO we need to consider any post activities or give some time for the database to settle down?

Did full os restart for the DB server?

Thanks
Sri.

Re: After vacuum application runs very slow ? is this common behavior ?

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 11/6/20 8:20 PM, Sri Linux wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Our production database size is about 2TB and we had run into issues and
> Postgres log did recommend running the vacuum in single-user mode. We
> have successfully completed running a single user mode vacuum without
> any options. .. services were online after vacuum. Application load time
> and response times are very poor and don't load sometimes. Is this
> common behavior after a vacuum? DO we need to consider any post
> activities or give some time for the database to settle down?

Given that there is no actual useful/hard data in the above the chances
of there being a relevant answer in return is doubtful.

Also given your subsequent post the major version you are using is
nearing 1 year past EOL and is 21 minor releases behind the last release
in the series. At the very least you need to bring it up to the last
minor release.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Re: After vacuum application runs very slow ? is this common behavior ?

От
Sri Linux
Дата:
Thank you for your response.