Обсуждение: CentOS Stream support

CentOS Stream support

От
Devrim Gündüz
Дата:
Hi,

Preface first: I'm working on CentOS Stream support (not sure how much
effort it will require in the next few months, but we'll see)

So... The question is: What will be the $dist suffix for CentOS Stream?
Upstream is using .el8 as usual. I wanted to do something else, just to
make sure that when someone has problems, we can make sure that they
are using our Stream repo, not the non-stream repo (I know we can get
that info from rpm -qi -> BuildHost, but...)

What do you think of adding pgstream8 (or just stream8?) as a suffix?
This won't require much work from packaging and maintenance side. I
want to make sure that gdal32-3.2.2-5 of RHEL 8 != gdal32-3.2.2-5 of
Stream 8.

Comments?

Regards,
--
Devrim Gündüz
Open Source Solution Architect, Red Hat Certified Engineer

Re: CentOS Stream support

От
Christoph Berg
Re: Devrim Gündüz
> What do you think of adding pgstream8 (or just stream8?) as a suffix?
> This won't require much work from packaging and maintenance side. I
> want to make sure that gdal32-3.2.2-5 of RHEL 8 != gdal32-3.2.2-5 of
> Stream 8.

Maybe pgdg8 ?

Christoph

Re: CentOS Stream support

От
Laurenz Albe
Дата:
On Thu, 2021-04-15 at 11:42 +0200, Christoph Berg wrote:
> Re: Devrim Gündüz
> > What do you think of adding pgstream8 (or just stream8?) as a suffix?
> > This won't require much work from packaging and maintenance side. I
> > want to make sure that gdal32-3.2.2-5 of RHEL 8 != gdal32-3.2.2-5 of
> > Stream 8.
>
> Maybe pgdg8 ?

Hmm.  That wouldn't allow to distinguish between distributions.

But short is good, so I'd prefer "stream8" or even "strm8".

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Re: CentOS Stream support

От
Daniel Farina
Дата:
On Thu, Apr 15, 2021 at 2:20 AM Devrim Gündüz <devrim@gunduz.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Preface first: I'm working on CentOS Stream support (not sure how much
> effort it will require in the next few months, but we'll see)

I have a question about this: I'm somewhat charitably disposed to
stream, but wonder how to deal with changes to, say, libc collations.
Will people upgrade one day to find their indexes inconsistent?

Re: CentOS Stream support

От
Devrim Gündüz
Дата:
Hi,

On Thu, 2021-04-15 at 20:19 -0700, Daniel Farina wrote:
> I have a question about this: I'm somewhat charitably disposed to
> stream, but wonder how to deal with changes to, say, libc collations.
> Will people upgrade one day to find their indexes inconsistent?

Use ICU? I mean, Stream is already a risk, but looks like there will be
some people using it there -- so I'll provide packages and leave the
rest to the users.

Regards,