Обсуждение: pg_dumpall misses --no-toast-compression

pg_dumpall misses --no-toast-compression

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
Hi all,

I have bumped into $subject while playing with this feature, and this
can be really useful to be able to reset the compression method for
all the tables at restore.  The patch is simple but that's perhaps too
late for 14, so I am adding it to the next CF.

Thanks,
--
Michael

Вложения

Re: pg_dumpall misses --no-toast-compression

От
Dilip Kumar
Дата:
On Mon, May 17, 2021 at 6:42 AM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have bumped into $subject while playing with this feature, and this
> can be really useful to be able to reset the compression method for
> all the tables at restore.

This makes sense

  The patch is simple but that's perhaps too
> late for 14, so I am adding it to the next CF.

+1

--
Regards,
Dilip Kumar

Re: pg_dumpall misses --no-toast-compression

От
Daniel Gustafsson
Дата:
> On 17 May 2021, at 03:12, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:

> I have bumped into $subject while playing with this feature, and this
> can be really useful to be able to reset the compression method for
> all the tables at restore.  The patch is simple but that's perhaps too
> late for 14, so I am adding it to the next CF.

I think there is a reasonable case to be made for this fixing an oversight in
bbe0a81db69bd10bd166907c3701492a29aca294 as opposed to adding a brand new
feature.  Save for --no-synchronized-snapshots all --no-xxx options in pg_dump
are mirrored in pg_dumpall.

Re: pg_dumpall misses --no-toast-compression

Дата:
Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> writes:
>> On 17 May 2021, at 03:12, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
>> I have bumped into $subject while playing with this feature, and this
>> can be really useful to be able to reset the compression method for
>> all the tables at restore.  The patch is simple but that's perhaps too
>> late for 14, so I am adding it to the next CF.

> I think there is a reasonable case to be made for this fixing an oversight in
> bbe0a81db69bd10bd166907c3701492a29aca294 as opposed to adding a brand new
> feature.  Save for --no-synchronized-snapshots all --no-xxx options in pg_dump
> are mirrored in pg_dumpall.

+1, seems more like fixing an oversight than anything else.

            regards, tom lane

Re: pg_dumpall misses --no-toast-compression

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Mon, May 17, 2021 at 10:38:15AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> writes:
>> I think there is a reasonable case to be made for this fixing an oversight in
>> bbe0a81db69bd10bd166907c3701492a29aca294 as opposed to adding a brand new
>> feature.  Save for --no-synchronized-snapshots all --no-xxx options in pg_dump
>> are mirrored in pg_dumpall.
>
> +1, seems more like fixing an oversight than anything else.

Okay, thanks.  I don't mind taking care of that on HEAD once beta1 is
shipped, then.
--
Michael

Вложения

Re: pg_dumpall misses --no-toast-compression

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Tue, May 18, 2021 at 09:48:59AM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> Okay, thanks.  I don't mind taking care of that on HEAD once beta1 is
> shipped, then.

Beta1 just got tagged, so this one has been applied as of 694da19.
--
Michael

Вложения