Обсуждение: Where does PostgreSQL store extensions on OpenSUSE?

Where does PostgreSQL store extensions on OpenSUSE?

От
Simon Connah
Дата:
Hi,

My old computer broke and I've completely forgotten where OpenSUSE stores its PostgreSQL extensions. I've been
searchingwith DuckDuckGo but no luck. Is there a quick command to find out where to put them?

Thank you.

Simon.

Вложения

Re: Where does PostgreSQL store extensions on OpenSUSE?

От
Keith
Дата:
If you can run the "pg_config" binary, it should be able to show you where SHAREDIR and LIBDIR are. Extension files are kept in $SHAREDIR/extensions and any library files that may be associated with them will be in $LIBDIR. Example for my custom build...

$ pg_config
BINDIR = /opt/pgsql1302/bin
DOCDIR = /opt/pgsql1302/share/doc
HTMLDIR = /opt/pgsql1302/share/doc
INCLUDEDIR = /opt/pgsql1302/include
PKGINCLUDEDIR = /opt/pgsql1302/include
INCLUDEDIR-SERVER = /opt/pgsql1302/include/server
LIBDIR = /opt/pgsql1302/lib
[...]

On Wed, Jun 9, 2021 at 7:07 AM Simon Connah <simon.n.connah@protonmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

My old computer broke and I've completely forgotten where OpenSUSE stores its PostgreSQL extensions. I've been searching with DuckDuckGo but no luck. Is there a quick command to find out where to put them?

Thank you.

Simon.

Re: Where does PostgreSQL store extensions on OpenSUSE?

Дата:
Simon Connah <simon.n.connah@protonmail.com> writes:
> My old computer broke and I've completely forgotten where OpenSUSE stores its PostgreSQL extensions. I've been
searchingwith DuckDuckGo but no luck. Is there a quick command to find out where to put them?

If pg_config is installed, see "pg_config --sharedir" ---
extension-related text files should be under the extension/
subdirectory of that.  Meanwhile, any related .so files should
be in "pg_config --libdir" (or maybe it's --pkglibdir?  Not sure
because they're the same by default)

            regards, tom lane

Re: Where does PostgreSQL store extensions on OpenSUSE?

От
Simon Connah

> > My old computer broke and I've completely forgotten where OpenSUSE stores its PostgreSQL extensions. I've been
searchingwith DuckDuckGo but no luck. Is there a quick command to find out where to put them?

> If pg_config is installed, see "pg_config --sharedir" ---
>

> extension-related text files should be under the extension/
>

> subdirectory of that. Meanwhile, any related .so files should
>

> be in "pg_config --libdir" (or maybe it's --pkglibdir? Not sure
>

> because they're the same by default)
>

> regards, tom lane

Awesome. Thank you both. That solved the problem.

Simon.
Вложения