Обсуждение: JOB | DBA (Canada)

JOB | DBA (Canada)

От
James Tobin
Дата:
Hello, we are working with an employer that is looking to hire someone
capable of managing Mongo and Sybase databases at their office in
Canada.  Consequently, I had hoped that some members of this list may
like to discuss further.  Kind regards, James

Re: JOB | DBA (Canada)

От
Chris Travers

On Thu, Oct 14, 2021 at 3:00 PM James Tobin <jamesbtobin@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello, we are working with an employer that is looking to hire someone
capable of managing Mongo and Sybase databases at their office in
Canada.  Consequently, I had hoped that some members of this list may
like to discuss further.  Kind regards, James

If you are posting here, is it because they want to move all these to PostgreSQL?

--
Best Wishes,
Chris Travers

Efficito:  Hosted Accounting and ERP.  Robust and Flexible.  No vendor lock-in.

Re: JOB | DBA (Canada)

От
Gavin Flower
Дата:
On 15/10/21 02:00, James Tobin wrote:
> Hello, we are working with an employer that is looking to hire someone
> capable of managing Mongo and Sybase databases at their office in
> Canada.  Consequently, I had hoped that some members of this list may
> like to discuss further.  Kind regards, James

If they wanted people from this list the they should upgrade to
PostgreSQL, they'll find PostgreSQL faster and more reliable than
Mongo.  I suspect  the same might true for Sybase, but I've never done a
detailed comparison.

Cheers,
Gavin

Re: JOB | DBA (Canada)

От
Chris Travers

On Thu, Oct 14, 2021 at 5:37 PM Gavin Flower <GavinFlower@archidevsys.co.nz> wrote:
On 15/10/21 02:00, James Tobin wrote:
> Hello, we are working with an employer that is looking to hire someone
> capable of managing Mongo and Sybase databases at their office in
> Canada.  Consequently, I had hoped that some members of this list may
> like to discuss further.  Kind regards, James

If they wanted people from this list the they should upgrade to
PostgreSQL, they'll find PostgreSQL faster and more reliable than
Mongo.  I suspect  the same might true for Sybase, but I've never done a
detailed comparison.

Indeed.  MongoDB has some interesting features like capped collections which make it useful as a cache, but my experience always leaves me feeling like performance and scalability are lacking.

Cheers,
Gavin