Обсуждение: Logical replication issue after Postgresql upgrade from 13 to 14

Logical replication issue after Postgresql upgrade from 13 to 14

От
Sergey Belyashov
Дата:
I have an issue with logical replication after Postgresql upgrade from
13 to 14 (upgraded subscriber only using pg_upgrade_cluster -m link 13
main). After upgrade all subscriptions were disabled so I have enabled
them and replication workers successfully started.
pg_stat_subscription contains list of all subscriptions. All times in
this table is near current time (replication workers receives data
from servers). But no changes in destination table since cluster
upgrade (on publishers tables are changed). What I'm doing wrong and
how to fix issue?

Sergey Belyashov

Re: Logical replication issue after Postgresql upgrade from 13 to 14

От
Marcos Pegoraro

I have an issue with logical replication after Postgresql upgrade from
13 to 14 (upgraded subscriber only using pg_upgrade_cluster -m link 13
main). After upgrade all subscriptions were disabled so I have enabled
them and replication workers successfully started.
pg_stat_subscription contains list of all subscriptions. All times in
this table is near current time (replication workers receives data
from servers). But no changes in destination table since cluster
upgrade (on publishers tables are changed). What I'm doing wrong and
how to fix issue?

Amit, wouldn't it be better to document all steps needed to use pg_upgrade with logical replication ?
Sergey is showing a different problem than mine.

Re: Logical replication issue after Postgresql upgrade from 13 to 14

От
Sergey Belyashov
Дата:
I think there are some bugs in Posgresql logical replication upgrade.
Because dropping and recreating subscriptions with manual
synchronization has solved the problem for me. But it is not the
correct way, IMHO.

Sergey Belyashov

ср, 1 дек. 2021 г. в 15:26, Marcos Pegoraro <marcos@f10.com.br>:

>> I have an issue with logical replication after Postgresql upgrade from
>> 13 to 14 (upgraded subscriber only using pg_upgrade_cluster -m link 13
>> main). After upgrade all subscriptions were disabled so I have enabled
>> them and replication workers successfully started.
>> pg_stat_subscription contains list of all subscriptions. All times in
>> this table is near current time (replication workers receives data
>> from servers). But no changes in destination table since cluster
>> upgrade (on publishers tables are changed). What I'm doing wrong and
>> how to fix issue?
>

> Amit, wouldn't it be better to document all steps needed to use pg_upgrade with logical replication ?
> Sergey is showing a different problem than mine.

Re: Logical replication issue after Postgresql upgrade from 13 to 14

От
Amit Kapila
Дата:
On Wed, Dec 1, 2021 at 5:56 PM Marcos Pegoraro <marcos@f10.com.br> wrote:

>> I have an issue with logical replication after Postgresql upgrade from
>> 13 to 14 (upgraded subscriber only using pg_upgrade_cluster -m link 13
>> main). After upgrade all subscriptions were disabled so I have enabled
>> them and replication workers successfully started.
>> pg_stat_subscription contains list of all subscriptions. All times in
>> this table is near current time (replication workers receives data
>> from servers). But no changes in destination table since cluster
>> upgrade (on publishers tables are changed). What I'm doing wrong and
>> how to fix issue?
>

> Amit, wouldn't it be better to document all steps needed to use pg_upgrade with logical replication ?
> Sergey is showing a different problem than mine.

I am fine with that. Feel free to propose a patch on -hackers. I can
help in reviewing and improving the same.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.