Обсуждение: pgcrypto: Remove explicit hex encoding/decoding from tests

pgcrypto: Remove explicit hex encoding/decoding from tests

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
pgcrypto tests use encode() and decode() calls to convert to/from hex
encoding.  This was from before the hex format was available in bytea.
Now we can remove the extra explicit encoding/decoding calls and rely on
the default output format.
Вложения

Re: pgcrypto: Remove explicit hex encoding/decoding from tests

От
Daniel Gustafsson
Дата:
> On 2 Dec 2021, at 10:22, Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

> pgcrypto tests use encode() and decode() calls to convert to/from hex encoding.  This was from before the hex format
wasavailable in bytea. Now we can remove the extra explicit encoding/decoding calls and rely on the default output
format.

My eyes glazed over a bit but definitely a +1 on the idea.

Re: pgcrypto: Remove explicit hex encoding/decoding from tests

Дата:
> pgcrypto tests use encode() and decode() calls to convert to/from hex
> encoding.  This was from before the hex format was available in bytea.
> Now we can remove the extra explicit encoding/decoding calls and rely on
> the default output format.

Generally +1, but I see you removed some instances of

--- ensure consistent test output regardless of the default bytea format
-SET bytea_output TO escape;

I think that the principle still applies that this should work regardless
of the installation's default bytea format, so I'd recommend putting

-- ensure consistent test output regardless of the default bytea format
SET bytea_output TO hex;

at the top of each file instead.

            regards, tom lane