Обсуждение: COMMENT ON lock

COMMENT ON lock

От
"nikolai.berkoff"
Дата:
I wanted to know what lock the COMMENT ON command took and I had to look in the source code, makes sense to me that it
shouldbe documented.  I've also added it to the list of commands that take a SHARE UPDATE EXCLUSIVE lock.

Regards,

Nikolai
Вложения

Re: COMMENT ON lock

От
Laurenz Albe
Дата:
On Tue, 2022-01-18 at 14:11 +0000, nikolai.berkoff wrote:
> I wanted to know what lock the COMMENT ON command took and I had to look in the
> source code, makes sense to me that it should be documented.  I've also added
> it to the list of commands that take a SHARE UPDATE EXCLUSIVE lock.

+1, but SHARE ACCESS EXCLUSIVE should be marked up with <literal>.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Re: COMMENT ON lock

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Tue, Jan 18, 2022 at 03:37:35PM +0100, Laurenz Albe wrote:
> On Tue, 2022-01-18 at 14:11 +0000, nikolai.berkoff wrote:
>> I wanted to know what lock the COMMENT ON command took and I had to look in the
>> source code, makes sense to me that it should be documented.  I've also added
>> it to the list of commands that take a SHARE UPDATE EXCLUSIVE lock.
>
> +1.

No objections to add more details for all that.  Will fix.
--
Michael

Вложения

Re: COMMENT ON lock

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Wed, Jan 19, 2022 at 01:45:07PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> No objections to add more details for all that.  Will fix.

And done as of b2a76bb.
--
Michael

Вложения