Обсуждение: Offline HTML manual.

Offline HTML manual.

От
Jian He

Hi, is there an easy way to download the html file of the manual. (I know there is a PDF version).
I believe PDF convert to html, all the links will be lost.

Re: Offline HTML manual.

От
Tatsuo Ishii
Дата:
> Hi, is there an easy way to download the html file of the manual. (I know
> there is a PDF version).

Down load the source tar ball. It includes the html file of the manual.

Best reagards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan

Re: Offline HTML manual.

От
Nicolas Mitchell
Дата:
On 1 Feb 2022, at 11:22, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:

>> Hi, is there an easy way to download the html file of the manual. (I know
>> there is a PDF version).
>
> Down load the source tar ball. It includes the html file of the manual.

Some suggestions here, using wget:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/17282915/how-to-download-an-entire-directory-and-subdirectories-using-wget

or an application such as SiteSucker, which exists for this purpose.

Nic

Re: Offline HTML manual.

От
Florents Tselai

> On 1 Feb 2022, at 1:32 PM, Nicolas Mitchell <nicolasmitchell@posteo.net> wrote:
>

> On 1 Feb 2022, at 11:22, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
>
>>> Hi, is there an easy way to download the html file of the manual. (I know
>>> there is a PDF version).
>>
>> Down load the source tar ball. It includes the html file of the manual.

Specifically navigate to $ cd ~/postgres/doc/src/sgml and run $ make html

> Some suggestions here, using wget:
>
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/17282915/how-to-download-an-entire-directory-and-subdirectories-using-wget
>
> or an application such as SiteSucker, which exists for this purpose.
>
> Nic

Re: Offline HTML manual.

От
Tatsuo Ishii
Дата:
>>> Down load the source tar ball. It includes the html file of the manual.
>>>

> Specifically navigate to $ cd ~/postgres/doc/src/sgml and run $ make html

No, you don't need to do that. The official tar balls already include
pre-compiled html files.

Best reagards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan
Japanese:http://www.sraoss.co.jp

Re: Offline HTML manual.

От
Jian He

Long story short.
for someone who wants to read an offline still have css html manual:
  1. from https://www.postgresql.org/ftp/source/ get tar.gz extension file.
  2. unzip the file.
  3. all the html files located at: postgresql-14.1\doc\src\sgml\html (if you downloaded the 14.1 version).