Обсуждение: offline print option.

offline print option.

От
asalias mark

Can You guys add a html offline download link?
  1. So postgresql fans don't need to search google everytime.
  2. offline html print is more elegant, current dco html print the font size is quite small. I know there is a pdf version, but you need to locate the page then print. So offline html is quite good for printing.
  3. Other manuals also support it.

Re: offline print option.

От
Bruce Momjian
Дата:
On Thu, Mar  3, 2022 at 10:37:18AM +0530, asalias mark wrote:

> PostgreSQL: Documentation
> Can You guys add a html offline download link?
>
>  1. So postgresql fans don't need to search google everytime.
>  2. offline html print is more elegant, current dco html print the font size is
>     quite small. I know there is a pdf version, but you need to locate the page
>     then print. So offline html is quite good for printing.
>  3. Other manuals also support it.

Uh, the html is in the tarball you download for the install, right?

Re: offline print option.

От
alias

I copied the html files from source code repository.
Add a offline download link would be more friendly to beginner, I guess.

--
  Bruce Momjian  <bruce@momjian.us>        https://momjian.us
  EDB                                      https://enterprisedb.com

Re: offline print option.

От
Bruce Momjian
Дата:
On Fri, Mar  4, 2022 at 07:00:58PM +0530, alias wrote:

> I copied the html files from source code repository.
> Add a offline download link would be more friendly to beginner, I guess.

Uh, yeah, but I don't remember ever receiving a request for this, so it
doesn't seem warranted to add a link for it.

Re: offline print option.

От
Julien Rouhaud
Дата:
Hi,

On Fri, Mar 04, 2022 at 10:23:15AM -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Fri, Mar  4, 2022 at 07:00:58PM +0530, alias wrote:
> >
> > I copied the html files from source code repository.
> > Add a offline download link would be more friendly to beginner, I guess.
>
> Uh, yeah, but I don't remember ever receiving a request for this, so it
> doesn't seem warranted to add a link for it.

Same here, that's the first time I hear this request.  Also I'm not sure that
beginner will really find it easier to locate the html page they need compared
to a search in the pdf document.

Re: offline print option.

От
alias

It's not strange at all.  people browse this(java - How to download Javadoc to read offline? - Stack Overflow) page more than 124,000 times. And there are a few aggregate offline manual/reference applications.

C++ references(cppreference.com) even have printable versions of every html page.

For me personally,  offline html is the most convenient format to print out.

On Fri, Mar 4, 2022 at 9:08 PM Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

On Fri, Mar 04, 2022 at 10:23:15AM -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Fri, Mar  4, 2022 at 07:00:58PM +0530, alias wrote:
> >
> > I copied the html files from source code repository.
> > Add a offline download link would be more friendly to beginner, I guess.
>
> Uh, yeah, but I don't remember ever receiving a request for this, so it
> doesn't seem warranted to add a link for it.

Same here, that's the first time I hear this request.  Also I'm not sure that
beginner will really find it easier to locate the html page they need compared
to a search in the pdf document.

Re: offline print option.

От
"Euler Taveira"
Дата:
On Fri, Mar 4, 2022, at 3:23 PM, alias wrote:

It's not strange at all.  people browse this(java - How to download Javadoc to read offline? - Stack Overflow) page more than 124,000 times. And there are a few aggregate offline manual/reference applications.

C++ references(cppreference.com) even have printable versions of every html page.

For me personally,  offline html is the most convenient format to print out.
What about PDF [1]? I wouldn't print HTML if PDF is available.

--
Euler Taveira