Обсуждение: Commitfest closing

Commitfest closing

От
Greg Stark
Дата:
So the last commitfest often runs over and "feature freeze" isn't
scheduled until April 7. Do committers want to keep the commitfest
open until then? Or close it now and focus it only on a few pending
features they're already working on?

--
greg

Re: Commitfest closing

От
Andrew Dunstan

> On Mar 31, 2022, at 4:47 PM, Greg Stark <stark@mit.edu> wrote:
>
> So the last commitfest often runs over and "feature freeze" isn't
> scheduled until April 7. Do committers want to keep the commitfest
> open until then? Or close it now and focus it only on a few pending
> features they're already working on?

In past years the CF has been kept open. Let’s stick with that.

Cheers

Andrew

Re: Commitfest closing

Дата:
> On Mar 31, 2022, at 4:47 PM, Greg Stark <stark@mit.edu> wrote:
>> So the last commitfest often runs over and "feature freeze" isn't
>> scheduled until April 7. Do committers want to keep the commitfest
>> open until then? Or close it now and focus it only on a few pending
>> features they're already working on?

> In past years the CF has been kept open. Let’s stick with that.

Yeah, I was assuming it would stay open till late next week.

We do have at least two patches in the queue that we want to put in
after everything else: my frontend logging patch, and the
PGDLLIMPORT-for-everything patch that I believe Robert has taken
responsibility for.  So if we want those in before the nominal
feature freeze, other stuff is going to need to be done a day or
so beforehand.  But that still gives us most of a week.

            regards, tom lane