Обсуждение: pgBackRest on MacOS

pgBackRest on MacOS

От
Marc
Дата:
Has anybody pgbackrest running on MacOS ( Monterey ? )

If yes are you willing to share the how to ?

Or can anybody guide us to an “easy” how to ?

Many thanks in advance,

Marc

Re: pgBackRest on MacOS

От
Ron
Дата:
On 9/10/22 07:31, Marc wrote:
> Has anybody pgbackrest running on MacOS ( Monterey ? )
>
> If yes are you willing to share the how to ?
>
> Or can anybody guide us to an “easy” how to ?

It's written in Perl, so installation from source should be easy.

https://github.com/pgbackrest/pgbackrest/tree/main/doc

(You won't need docker, though.)

Re: pgBackRest on MacOS

От
Stephen Frost
Дата:
Greetings,

* Ron (ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com) wrote:
> On 9/10/22 07:31, Marc wrote:
> >Has anybody pgbackrest running on MacOS ( Monterey ? )
> >
> >If yes are you willing to share the how to ?
> >
> >Or can anybody guide us to an “easy” how to ?
>
> It's written in Perl, so installation from source should be easy.

This hasn't been the case in a long, long time.

That said, we've certainly had folks build it on MacOS before and had
success with it.  I wouldn't consider it to be a common deployment
platform though.

Thanks,

Stephen

Вложения