Обсуждение: unable to install pldebugger

unable to install pldebugger

От
shashidhar Reddy
Дата:
Hello,

I am in a process of upgrading postgres 12 to 13 on ubuntu. When I am running the test getting error could not load library "$libdir/plugin_debugger": ERROR:  could not load library "/usr/lib/postgresql/13/lib/plugin_debugger.so": /usr/lib/postgresql/13/lib/plugin_debugger.so: undefined symbol: elog_finish

When I am trying to install pldebugger from https://git.postgresql.org/git/pldebugger.git getting that repository not found. Could you please help me to fix this issue.

--
Shashidhar

Re: unable to install pldebugger

От
Pavel Stehule
Дата:
Hi

po 12. 9. 2022 v 15:19 odesílatel shashidhar Reddy <shashidharreddy001@gmail.com> napsal:
Hello,

I am in a process of upgrading postgres 12 to 13 on ubuntu. When I am running the test getting error could not load library "$libdir/plugin_debugger": ERROR:  could not load library "/usr/lib/postgresql/13/lib/plugin_debugger.so": /usr/lib/postgresql/13/lib/plugin_debugger.so: undefined symbol: elog_finish

When I am trying to install pldebugger from https://git.postgresql.org/git/pldebugger.git getting that repository not found. Could you please help me to fix this issue.

PostgreSQL extension should be compiled against one selected major release.  So you cannot to use plugin_debugger for PostgreSQL 12 for PostgreSQL 13. You should to install plugin_debugger for PostgreSQL 13.

Regards

Pavel

--
Shashidhar

Re: unable to install pldebugger

От
Julien Rouhaud
Дата:
Hi,

On Mon, Sep 12, 2022 at 06:49:21PM +0530, shashidhar Reddy wrote:

> I am in a process of upgrading postgres 12 to 13 on ubuntu. When I am
> running the test getting error could not load library
> "$libdir/plugin_debugger": ERROR:  could not load library
> "/usr/lib/postgresql/13/lib/plugin_debugger.so":
> /usr/lib/postgresql/13/lib/plugin_debugger.so: undefined symbol: elog_finish

It looks like you're trying to load the version compiled for pg 12, as
elog_finish was removed in pg13.

> When I am trying to install pldebugger from
> https://git.postgresql.org/git/pldebugger.git getting that repository not
> found. Could you please help me to fix this issue.

As far as I know the pldebugger repository is available at
https://github.com/EnterpriseDB/pldebugger.

Re: unable to install pldebugger

От
shashidhar Reddy
Дата:
Hello Julien,

Can I use this link to install in community edition postgres or is it specific to enterpriseDB

On Mon, 12 Sep, 2022, 7:01 pm Julien Rouhaud, <rjuju123@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

On Mon, Sep 12, 2022 at 06:49:21PM +0530, shashidhar Reddy wrote:

> I am in a process of upgrading postgres 12 to 13 on ubuntu. When I am
> running the test getting error could not load library
> "$libdir/plugin_debugger": ERROR:  could not load library
> "/usr/lib/postgresql/13/lib/plugin_debugger.so":
> /usr/lib/postgresql/13/lib/plugin_debugger.so: undefined symbol: elog_finish

It looks like you're trying to load the version compiled for pg 12, as
elog_finish was removed in pg13.

> When I am trying to install pldebugger from
> https://git.postgresql.org/git/pldebugger.git getting that repository not
> found. Could you please help me to fix this issue.

As far as I know the pldebugger repository is available at
https://github.com/EnterpriseDB/pldebugger.

Re: unable to install pldebugger

От
Julien Rouhaud
Дата:
On Mon, Sep 12, 2022 at 10:14:20PM +0530, shashidhar Reddy wrote:
> Hello Julien,
>
> Can I use this link to install in community edition postgres or is it
> specific to enterpriseDB

It should work with the standard community edition.

Re: unable to install pldebugger

От
shashidhar Reddy
Дата: