Обсуждение: table inheritance and privileges

table inheritance and privileges

От
Ted Toth
Дата:
I'm dynamically creating tables that inherit from another table but
they don't inherit the access privileges. Is there a way to have the
new tables inherit their parent tables access privileges?

Ted

Re: table inheritance and privileges

Дата:
Ted Toth <txtoth@gmail.com> writes:
> I'm dynamically creating tables that inherit from another table but
> they don't inherit the access privileges. Is there a way to have the
> new tables inherit their parent tables access privileges?

No, but do you need that?  When accessing the parent table, there's
no need for privileges on individual children --- we only check
tables(s) directly named in the query.

            regards, tom lane

Re: table inheritance and privileges

От
Ted Toth
Дата:
I have written a 'before insert' trigger using a similar technique to
that described in section 5.11.3 of :
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/14/ddl-partitioning.html#DDL-PARTITIONING-USING-INHERITANCE

However my trigger queries to see if the partition table exists,
creates it if it doesn't then inserts into it and returns 'SKIP'
(plpython3u).