Обсуждение: Announcing Release 15 of the PostgreSQL Buildfarm client

Announcing Release 15 of the PostgreSQL Buildfarm client

От
Andrew Dunstan
Дата:
Changes

  * add a new script |manage_alerts.pl| that lets the user enable or
    disable alerts for an animal
    This is especially useful in the case of animals that have stopped
    running for some reason.
  * check if a branch is up to date before trying to run it
    This only applies if the |branches_to_build| setting is a keyword
    rather than a list of branches. It reduces the number of useless
    calls to |git pull| to almost zero.
  * require Perl version 5.14 or later
    This should not be a problem, as it's more than 10 years old.
  * add |--avoid-ts-collisions| command line parameter
    This is for specialized uses, and imposes a penalty of a few seconds
    per run. |run_branches.pl| already does this, so it's not required for
    normal operations.
  * run TAP tests for |src/interfaces| subdirectories
  * add amcheck and extension upgrade tests to cross version upgrade testing
  * adjust to changes in postgres code, file locations, etc.
  * assorted minor bug fixes and tweaks

The release can be downloaded from

<https://github.com/PGBuildFarm/client-code/releases/tag/REL_15> or
<https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/downloads>

Upgrading is highly recommended.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan
EDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com

Re: Announcing Release 15 of the PostgreSQL Buildfarm client

От
Andrew Dunstan
Дата:
On 2022-12-31 Sa 10:02, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> Changes
>

>   * check if a branch is up to date before trying to run it
>     This only applies if the |branches_to_build| setting is a keyword
>     rather than a list of branches. It reduces the number of useless
>     calls to |git pull| to almost zero.

Occasionally things go wrong. It turns out this code was a bit too eager
and ignored the force_every settings in the config file.

There's a hot fix at
<https://github.com/PGBuildFarm/client-code/commit/c9693f86d9bd07b470bb2a106055b5801cd613ec>
and I will push out a new release shortly.

Systems that might well be affect include:

alabio
calliphoridae
culicidae
desmoxytes
dragonet
flaviventris
francolin
gerenuk
grassquit
guaibasaurus
hamerkop
idiacanthus
kestrel
komodoensis
massasauga
mylodon
olingo
petalura
phycodurus
piculet
pogona
rorqual
serinus
skink
snakefly
tamandua
xenodermus

Please check if your animals are affected. If you don't have any
force_every settings you won't be.

cheers

andrew