Обсуждение: More pgindent tweaks

More pgindent tweaks

От
Andrew Dunstan
Дата:
After I committed 1249371632 I thought that I should really go ahead and
do what I suggested and allow multiple exclude pattern files for
pgindent. One obvious case is to exclude an in tree meson build
directory. I also sometimes have other in tree objects I'd like to be
able exclude.

The attached adds this ability. It also unifies the logic for finding
the regular exclude pattern file and the typedefs file.

I took the opportunity to remove a badly thought out and dangerous
feature whereby the first non-option argument, if it's not a .c or .h
file, is taken as the typedefs file. That's particularly dangerous in a
situation where git is producing a list of files that have changed and
passing it on the command line to pgindent. I also removed a number of
extraneous blank lines.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan
EDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com

Вложения

Re: More pgindent tweaks

От
Bruce Momjian
Дата:
On Wed, Jan 25, 2023 at 08:59:44AM -0500, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> After I committed 1249371632 I thought that I should really go ahead and
> do what I suggested and allow multiple exclude pattern files for
> pgindent. One obvious case is to exclude an in tree meson build
> directory. I also sometimes have other in tree objects I'd like to be
> able exclude.
>
> The attached adds this ability. It also unifies the logic for finding
> the regular exclude pattern file and the typedefs file.
>
> I took the opportunity to remove a badly thought out and dangerous
> feature whereby the first non-option argument, if it's not a .c or .h
> file, is taken as the typedefs file. That's particularly dangerous in a
> situation where git is producing a list of files that have changed and
> passing it on the command line to pgindent. I also removed a number of
> extraneous blank lines.

Can we make the pgindent options more visible, perhaps by adding them to
pgindent.man or at least saying type pgindent --help?

Embrace your flaws.  They make you human, rather than perfect,
which you will never be.

Re: More pgindent tweaks

От
Andrew Dunstan
Дата:
On 2023-01-25 We 09:41, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 25, 2023 at 08:59:44AM -0500, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>> After I committed 1249371632 I thought that I should really go ahead and
>> do what I suggested and allow multiple exclude pattern files for
>> pgindent. One obvious case is to exclude an in tree meson build
>> directory. I also sometimes have other in tree objects I'd like to be
>> able exclude.
>>
>> The attached adds this ability. It also unifies the logic for finding
>> the regular exclude pattern file and the typedefs file.
>>
>> I took the opportunity to remove a badly thought out and dangerous
>> feature whereby the first non-option argument, if it's not a .c or .h
>> file, is taken as the typedefs file. That's particularly dangerous in a
>> situation where git is producing a list of files that have changed and
>> passing it on the command line to pgindent. I also removed a number of
>> extraneous blank lines.
> Can we make the pgindent options more visible, perhaps by adding them to
> pgindent.man or at least saying type pgindent --help?

Sure, will do.

cheers

andrew