Обсуждение: Get rid of PgStat_BackendFunctionEntry

Get rid of PgStat_BackendFunctionEntry

От
"Drouvot, Bertrand"
Дата:
Hi hackers,

Please find attached a patch proposal to $SUBJECT: it would allow to simplify
even more the work done to generate pg_stat_get_xact*() functions with Macros.

This is a follow up for [1] where it has been suggested
to get rid of PgStat_BackendFunctionEntry in a separate patch.

Looking forward to your feedback,

Regards

--
Bertrand Drouvot
PostgreSQL Contributors Team

[1]: https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20230210214619.bdpbd5wvxcpx27rw%40awork3.anarazel.de
Вложения

Re: Get rid of PgStat_BackendFunctionEntry

От
Nathan Bossart
Дата:
On Mon, Feb 13, 2023 at 10:06:27AM +0100, Drouvot, Bertrand wrote:
> Please find attached a patch proposal to $SUBJECT: it would allow to simplify
> even more the work done to generate pg_stat_get_xact*() functions with Macros.
>
> This is a follow up for [1] where it has been suggested
> to get rid of PgStat_BackendFunctionEntry in a separate patch.

Looks reasonable to me.

--
Nathan Bossart

Re: Get rid of PgStat_BackendFunctionEntry

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Wed, Mar 08, 2023 at 01:38:38PM -0800, Nathan Bossart wrote:
> Looks reasonable to me.

I have been catching up with this thread and the other thread, and
indeed it looks like this is going to help in refactoring
pgstatfuncs.c to have more macros for all these mostly-duplicated
functions.  So, I have applied this bit.
--
Michael

Вложения

Re: Get rid of PgStat_BackendFunctionEntry

От
"Drouvot, Bertrand"
Дата:
Hi,

On 3/16/23 6:25 AM, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 08, 2023 at 01:38:38PM -0800, Nathan Bossart wrote:
>> Looks reasonable to me.
>
> I have been catching up with this thread and the other thread, and
> indeed it looks like this is going to help in refactoring
> pgstatfuncs.c to have more macros for all these mostly-duplicated
> functions.  So, I have applied this bit.

Thanks!

Regards,