Обсуждение: Re: Extensible Rmgr for Table Ams

Re: Extensible Rmgr for Table Ams

От
Jeff Davis
Дата:
On Tue, 2023-02-14 at 19:09 +0530, Pradeep Kumar wrote:

> GetRmgrDesc() are widely used in XLogDumpDisplayRecord() and
> XLogDumpDisplayStats() in pg_waldump.c. In function GetRmgrDesc() for
> custom resource managers by the default they are assign
>        1) rm_desc = default_desc
>        2) rm_identify = default_identify
> Suggest some ways to register my own rm_desc and rm_identify in
> RmgrDescTable[]?

The binaries like pg_waldump, etc., don't load server extensions. It
makes sense to allow utilities to also parse custom WAL records
somehow, but right now I don't have a concrete proposal.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis