Обсуждение: February 9th, 2023 Release links to a missing page

February 9th, 2023 Release links to a missing page

От
Kirk Wolak
Дата:
It looks like a simple bad reference name:

On this line:

the link for function bodies is called: "sql-createprocedure.html"
and I believe it should be "sql-createfunction.html"

Side Note:
On such a posting is there no direct link to SUBMIT a correction (by design?)

Thanks,

Kirk Out!

Re: February 9th, 2023 Release links to a missing page

От
"Jonathan S. Katz"
Дата:
On 2/15/23 1:59 PM, Kirk Wolak wrote:
> It looks like a simple bad reference name:
>
> On this line:
>
>   * Fix the |psql|
>     <https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/app-psql.html> commands
>     |\sf| and |\ef| to handle SQL-language functions that have
>     SQL-standard function bodies
>     <https://www.postgresql.org/docs/currenet/sql-createprocedure.html> (i.e. |BEGIN ATOMIC|).
>

> the link for function bodies is called: "sql-create*procedure*.html"
> and I believe it should be "sql-create*function*.html"

The end of the URL is correct. The problem is "currenet" should be
"current". I've made that correction. Thanks!

> Side Note:
> On such a posting is there no direct link to SUBMIT a correction (by
> design?)

The release announcements go through the news system, which does not
have a feedback collection mechanism as anyone can post news. Emailing
pgsql-docs, or even better pgsql-www, seems to be good enough for this
case as we can quickly fix it, but I'm open to other suggestions.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Вложения

Re: February 9th, 2023 Release links to a missing page

От
Kirk Wolak
Дата:
On Wed, Feb 15, 2023 at 2:05 PM Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz@postgresql.org> wrote:
On 2/15/23 1:59 PM, Kirk Wolak wrote:
> It looks like a simple bad reference name:
>
> On this line:
>
>   * Fix the |psql|
>     <https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/app-psql.html> commands
>     |\sf| and |\ef| to handle SQL-language functions that have
>     SQL-standard function bodies
>     <https://www.postgresql.org/docs/currenet/sql-createprocedure.html> (i.e. |BEGIN ATOMIC|).
The end of the URL is correct. The problem is "currenet" should be
"current". I've made that correction. Thanks!

> Side Note:
> On such a posting is there no direct link to SUBMIT a correction (by
> design?)

The release announcements go through the news system, which does not
have a feedback collection mechanism as anyone can post news. Emailing
pgsql-docs, or even better pgsql-www, seems to be good enough for this
case as we can quickly fix it, but I'm open to other suggestions.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Thank you.  Good answer as well...   I figured out to just send it here...

Re: February 9th, 2023 Release links to a missing page

От
"Jonathan S. Katz"
Дата:
On 2/19/23 3:55 PM, Kirk Wolak wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 15, 2023 at 2:05 PM Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz@postgresql.org
> <mailto:jkatz@postgresql.org>> wrote:
>
>     The release announcements go through the news system, which does not
>     have a feedback collection mechanism as anyone can post news. Emailing
>     pgsql-docs, or even better pgsql-www, seems to be good enough for this
>     case as we can quickly fix it, but I'm open to other suggestions.
>
> Thank you.  Good answer as well...   I figured out to just send it here...

Well, that gives me an idea. In the release announcement, we could put a
line that says "You can send any corrections or suggestions to the
public pgsql-www@lists.postgresql.org mailing list" or something like
that. That way, it would remove the guessing on what to do.

Jonathan

Вложения

Re: February 9th, 2023 Release links to a missing page

От
Kirk Wolak
Дата:
On Sun, Feb 19, 2023 at 4:55 PM Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz@postgresql.org> wrote:
On 2/19/23 3:55 PM, Kirk Wolak wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 15, 2023 at 2:05 PM Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz@postgresql.org
> <mailto:jkatz@postgresql.org>> wrote:
>
>     The release announcements go through the news system, which does not
>     have a feedback collection mechanism as anyone can post news. Emailing
>     pgsql-docs, or even better pgsql-www, seems to be good enough for this
>     case as we can quickly fix it, but I'm open to other suggestions.
>
> Thank you.  Good answer as well...   I figured out to just send it here...

Well, that gives me an idea. In the release announcement, we could put a
line that says "You can send any corrections or suggestions to the
public pgsql-www@lists.postgresql.org mailing list" or something like
that. That way, it would remove the guessing on what to do.

Jonathan
Perfect...  I love this community!

Re: February 9th, 2023 Release links to a missing page

От
"Jonathan S. Katz"
Дата:
On 2/20/23 8:57 PM, Kirk Wolak wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 19, 2023 at 4:55 PM Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz@postgresql.org

>     Well, that gives me an idea. In the release announcement, we could
>     put a
>     line that says "You can send any corrections or suggestions to the
>     public pgsql-www@lists.postgresql.org
>     that. That way, it would remove the guessing on what to do.
>
> Perfect...  I love this community!

Thanks. As I'd probably forget before the next update announcement, I
sketched out the draft of it to ensure it included a line[1] around how
to report corrections/suggestions.

Thanks again!

Jonathan

[1]