Обсуждение: Commitfest Manager

Commitfest Manager

От
Greg Stark
Дата:
Is anyone else itching to be CF manager for March? If anyone new wants
to try it out that would be good.

Assuming otherwise I'll volunteer.

--
greg

Re: Commitfest Manager

Дата:
Greg Stark <stark@mit.edu> writes:
> Is anyone else itching to be CF manager for March? If anyone new wants
> to try it out that would be good.

> Assuming otherwise I'll volunteer.

We've generally thought that the manager for the last CF of a cycle
needs to be someone with experience.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Commitfest Manager

От
Greg Stark
Дата:
On Tue, 21 Feb 2023 at 12:29, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Greg Stark <stark@mit.edu> writes:
> > Is anyone else itching to be CF manager for March? If anyone new wants
> > to try it out that would be good.
>
> > Assuming otherwise I'll volunteer.
>
> We've generally thought that the manager for the last CF of a cycle
> needs to be someone with experience.

Hm. Was that in response to the first paragraph or the second? :)

I have experience in years but only limited experience as a commitfest
manager. I'm still up for it if you think I'm ready :)

--
greg

Re: Commitfest Manager

Дата:
Greg Stark <stark@mit.edu> writes:
> On Tue, 21 Feb 2023 at 12:29, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Greg Stark <stark@mit.edu> writes:
>>> Is anyone else itching to be CF manager for March? If anyone new wants
>>> to try it out that would be good.
>>>
>>> Assuming otherwise I'll volunteer.

>> We've generally thought that the manager for the last CF of a cycle
>> needs to be someone with experience.

> Hm. Was that in response to the first paragraph or the second? :)

The first ;-).  Sorry if I wasn't clear.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Commitfest Manager

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Tue, Feb 21, 2023 at 02:13:08PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> Greg Stark <stark@mit.edu> writes:
>> On Tue, 21 Feb 2023 at 12:29, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>>> Greg Stark <stark@mit.edu> writes:
>>> We've generally thought that the manager for the last CF of a cycle
>>> needs to be someone with experience.
>
>> Hm. Was that in response to the first paragraph or the second? :)
>
> The first ;-).  Sorry if I wasn't clear.

The last CF is the most sensitive one as the feature freeze would
happen just around the beginning of April, so the CFM has a bit more
pressure in taking the correct decisions, if need be.

FYI, I'd prefer spend cycles at patches that could make the cut,
rather than doing the classification of the whole.
--
Michael

Вложения