Обсуждение: some problem explicit_bzero with building PostgreSQL on linux

some problem explicit_bzero with building PostgreSQL on linux

От
Dimitry Markman
Дата:
Hi, we got some problem with building PostgreSQL (version 15.1) on linux
ldd —version returns
ldd (Debian GLIBC 2.31-13+deb11u5.tmw1) 2.31

we can build it all right, however we want to use binaries on different glibc version

so we’re detecting usage of the glibc version > 2.17 and we need to prevent usage

of symbols (like explicit_bzero), that wasn’t exist in glibc 2.17.

what we see that even if I commented line

$as_echo "#define HAVE_EXPLICIT_BZERO 1" >>confdefs.h

from configure we still have a problem - symbol explicit_bzero was leaked in

lib/libpq.so.5.15, bin/postgres, bin/pg_verifybackup

I was able to verify that HAVE_EXPLICIT_BZERO wasn’t defined

in all c files that use  explicit_bzero:

./src/interfaces/libpq/fe-connect.c
./src/backend/libpq/be-secure-common.c
./src/common/hmac_openssl.c
./src/common/cryptohash.c
./src/common/cryptohash_openssl.c
./src/common/hmac.c

how we can guaranty that if HAVE_EXPLICIT_BZERO is not defined then

explicit_bzero function implemented in port/explicit_bzero.c will be used (just like in Darwin or windows)

thanks in advance

dm

Re: some problem explicit_bzero with building PostgreSQL on linux

Дата:
Dimitry Markman <dmarkman@mathworks.com> writes:
> how we can guaranty that if HAVE_EXPLICIT_BZERO is not defined then
> explicit_bzero function implemented in port/explicit_bzero.c will be used (just like in Darwin or windows)

Did you remember to add explicit_bzero.o to LIBOBJS in
the configured Makefile.global?

If it still doesn't work, then evidently your toolchain is selecting
the system's built-in definition of explicit_bzero over the one in
src/port/.  This is not terribly surprising given that there has to be
some amount of compiler magic involved in that function.  You may have
to resort to actually building Postgres on a platform without
explicit_bzero.

            regards, tom lane

Re: some problem explicit_bzero with building PostgreSQL on linux

От
Dimitry Markman

Hi Tom, thanks a lot

Adding explicit_bzero.o did the job